|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt has launched a new rate which offers up to 20% off and free breakfast for stays through December 20, 2020. Although this rate isn’t available at every property, it does seem to be a legitimate discount when the rate is actually bookable.
- Save 15-20% off stays at Hyatt brands & get complimentary breakfast every morning.
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer is valid at participating hotels for reservations made by September 8, 2020 for stays with a check-in date on or before December 20, 2020.
- Offer must be requested at time of reservation.
- Book on a Hyatt website by clicking the then-available offer (if any) or by contacting your personal travel professional; any limitations or restrictions included in the published offer shall apply.
- Breakfast offering may differ by hotel. Due to enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants and room service, breakfast at Hyatt hotels may differ from previous breakfast offerings.
- Offer not valid at Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts, some Destination Residences, Alila Ventana/Big Sur, Miraval Austin, and Miraval Tucson.
- Offer not valid with previously booked or held stays or groups/conventions and may not be combined with any other rates, promotions or offers unless expressly permitted.
- Offer applies only to room rate and does not apply to other items such as taxes, resort/destination fees (if applicable), incidental charges or any other hotel specific charges.
- Limited number of rooms allocated to promotional rates; reservations are subject to availability. If booking the member rate, there is a maximum of two rooms per World of Hyatt member.
- Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods, special events, or extreme demand, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply (unless otherwise noted).
While this isn’t a mind-blowing deal, saving 15-20% is still a decent offer, especially seeing as these seem to be actual savings rather than just a repackaged Advance Purchase rate and it also comes with complimentary breakfast.
Complimentary breakfast will be a moot point if booking a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House stay seeing as breakfast is automatically included at those brands. There’s still the potential for some good savings at those brands though due to the discounted rate.
As you can see in the above and below screenshots, AAA membership sometimes confers the same discount level as this new offer. Booking the special Hyatt rate would get you complimentary breakfast though, so that’s a better option than the AAA rate unless you have Globalist status, assuming the property you’d be booking is offering some kind of breakfast option due to COVID-19.
In fact, in all the instances where properties had this new rate available for booking, the AAA rate always matched it.
The 15-20% discounted rate doesn’t seem to be available at all properties though or, if it is, there are definitely blackout dates as mentioned in the terms.
For example, when doing a search in New Orleans, none of the half-dozen properties or so offered this rate.
When doing a search in Washington D.C. and picking a property at random, the one I picked – the Grand Hyatt – didn’t have this rate available either, or not on the dates I searched anyway.
Note that this special rate is available on stays through December 20, 2020, but you have to book the stays by September 8.