|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
As reported by Premium-Flights.com, TAP Air Portugal is running a Cyber weekend sale with 20% off on long-haul trips. This potentially brings prices into the $1200’s round trip from the US to Europe in business class. Trips to the Azores may be had for less than $1200 round trip and these prices are valid for travel during several parts of next year up through the end of the schedule (November 2021).
- TAP Air Portugal is offering 20% off on long-haul flights with promo code CYBER
- With the promo, round trip business class prices are available in these ranges:
- US to Europe: $1200’s round trip
- US to the Azores: $1100’s round trip
- Europe to the US: $1100’s round trip
- Direct link to this promotion
- The campaign runs from November 28 at midnight until November 30, 2020, at 11:59 pm (GMT +1);
- 1 “free” change on flights booked by 11/30 for travel by 5/31 (no change fee, but you’ll be on the hook for any fare difference and must complete travel by 6/30/21)
- Offer valid for bookings made on flytap.com only;
- 10% discount on medium-haul flights:
- 20% discount on long-haul flights;
- The discounts are not cumulative;
- The offer applies to TAP-operated flights;
- The discount does not apply to airport fees;
- The discount does not apply to the discount fare;
- The discount will be applied only if the selected fares are eligible for that purpose, as laid out in the previous paragraph.
- This offer may not be combined with other offers or campaigns.
- The offer applies to flights operated:
- From January 11 to March 22, 2021
- From April 12 to June 14, 2021
- From September 16 to November 30, 2021
- It is only possible to book flights whose departure and arrival dates fall within the same promotional period, according to the time frames mentioned above.
Does it make sense to put more than a grand down on a trip to Europe for travel next year with no idea as to whether it will be possible / advisable / enjoyable? I don’t know the answer to that question for you and can certainly understand that it may be “no” for many readers. Still, at these prices, some will surely take a swing at boking a trip.
Next I’ll note that I’m not seeing pricing quite as good as Premium-Flights.com reported, but I only tried a limited sample set of dates. I assume that if I hunted more, I would find the prices Premium-Flights posted from North America to Europe, to the Azores, and from Europe to the US (note that they also posted deals originating in other European cities and flying to other US gateways).
I flew transatlantic business class with TAP Air Portugal a couple of years ago and it was much better than I expected.
That’s not to say that any single piece of it was amazing, but rather that just about every part of it (the seat, the food, the service) were better than my expectations (which is always more enjoyable than the other way around). In a normal world, I totally think they would be worth considering at $1150 round trip to the Azores or the $1200’s round trip to Europe (especially if you’re able to build in a stopover in Lisbon).
One tip: when you click “book now” from the landing page, you’ll go to the search tool. Before you enter airports and dates, scroll to the bottom and check the box that says “I have a promotion or congress code”.
Then enter the code and click the button that says “Activate”. Again, do this before you enter your flight. For some reason, entering the code refreshes the page and blanks out the airports and dates, so you’ll enter them twice if you wait to fill in the code.
Overall, there are some potential great deals here for those confident enough to book travel. If you do book it, use a card with good travel protections and expect to have to fight for a refund if the trip can’t happen. I personally won’t bother with this one, but I wish nothing but luck to those who do.
We’ve added this to our running list of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.