|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Cathay Pacific is offering a 25%-50% bonus when transferring points from many hotel programs to Asia Miles. Members who do this will also get 10% off when redeeming those miles towards hotels, car rentals and experiences, but that’s unlikely to be worth it.
- Transfer the following hotel points to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles to receive a bonus:
- 1,000 Shangri-La Golden Circle points = 1,500 Asia Miles (50% bonus)
- 2,000 Le Club AccorHotels Rewards points = 1,250 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 10,000 Hilton Honors points = 1,250 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 5,000 World of Hyatt points = 2,500 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 10,000 Radisson Rewards points = 1,250 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 5,000 Best Western Rewards points = 1,250 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 1,600 New Century points = 375 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 800 Wanda Club points = 250 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 1,000 Anantara Vacation Club points = 3,125 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- 7,500 Minyoun Hospitality My Club points = 625 Asia Miles (25% bonus)
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires June 30, 2019.
- The Bonus Miles will be based on the regular miles converted from hotel points, and will be rounded up to the nearest whole Asia Miles.
- Bonus Miles will only be awarded to the regular miles earned by hotel points conversion.
- Members cannot earn the Bonus Miles on those direct miles earned from hotel stays.
- Members who convert points from Marriott Bonvoy, IHG Rewards Club and Regal Rewards programmes into Asia Miles cannot join this Promotion but are still able to earn regular miles in accordance with the earning proposition listed on Asiamiles.com.
- There is no limitation on how many loyalty programmes you can convert from and how many times you convert points. For example, an Eligible Member converting 10,000 Asia Miles from Golden Circle would get a bonus of 5,000 Asia Miles from this Promotion; an Eligible Member converting 10,000 Asia Miles from Hilton Honors would get a bonus of 2,500 Asia Miles from this Promotion.
- For points conversion from Golden Circle, Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to Eligible Member’s accounts in 2 batches (25% Bonus Miles each) by 31 July 2019, with the description of “Hotel Points Conversion Bonus Jun 2019” in the second batch.
- For points conversion from other Participating Hotel Loyalty Programmes, Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to the Eligible Member’s account in one go by 31 August 2019 with the description of “Hotel Points Conversion Bonus Jun 2019”, separate from the regular miles converted from the other participating hotel loyalty programmes.
- Members who have successfully converted hotel points from any hotel loyalty programmes (including Marriott Bonvoy, IHG Rewards and Regal Rewards programmes) can enjoy 10% Miles off to redeem Asia Miles’ Travel Awards (including Hotels, Car Rentals, Travel Experience) in Worldwide locations. Detailed terms and conditions will be included along with the confirmation email which will be sent by 6 September 2019.
This transfer bonus isn’t particularly compelling, especially seeing as Marriott Bonvoy isn’t one of the hotel programs that’ll earn a 25% or 50% bonus.
In nearly all cases, it won’t be worth transferring your hotel points due to the poor conversion rates, even after accounting for the transfer bonus. The only scenario where it might make sense is if you have some orphaned hotel points and you know you’ll be making an Asia Miles redemption.
Even in that scenario though, you’d need to have a fairly substantial number of orphaned points; so many in fact that they could be redeemed for one or two free nights instead. For example, the minimum number of points for transferring World of Hyatt points is 5,000 which is how many you’d need for a decent category 1 property. Similarly, 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points can get you a free night at a category 1 property or two nights at a 5,000 point PointBreaks property.
If you take advantage of this transfer bonus, Asia Miles will also offer 10% off when redeeming Asia Miles for hotel stays, car rentals or experiences in a few months time. That’ll likely prove to be an even worse deal, as you’d lose on the transfer to Asia Miles and again on the presumably poor redemption values for hotels, car rentals and experiences.
There might be some kind of value here that I’m missing though, so please share in the comments below if there’s a sweet spot here, especially with the lesser-known hotel programs.
[…] Hat tip to Frequent Miler […]
[…] 25% – 50% bonus transferring hotel points to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Marriott and IHG points excluded. […]