Chase is currently running some targeted promotions that require registration. Some of them aren’t as interesting, but one is giving $15 back when spending $100 in a variety of categories which could be much more useful.
- Spend $100 & get $15 back when using your card to pay for fitness clubs, utilities, transit, insurance & internet/cable phone.
- Direct link to offer.
- Direct link to offer.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must activate by 1/15/24 11:59 PM ET.
- You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period in the following rewards categories: fitness club and gym memberships; utilities; internet, cable, and phone services; insurance; or/and local transit/commuting (excluding airline purchases).
- Merchants who accept Visa/Mastercard credit cards are assigned a merchant code, which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa/Mastercard procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. We group similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making rewards offers to you.
- Purchases submitted by you, an authorized user, or the merchant through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, online or mobile digital wallets, or similar technology will not qualify in a rewards category if the technology is not set up to process the purchase in that rewards category. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying for statement credit to post to your account. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, and fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
This could be an easy win if you’re targeted, especially seeing as there’s the potential to be targeted on more than one card.
In some cases the eligible spending categories will line up with ordinary spending categories on your credit card. For example, the World of Hyatt credit card earns 2x points on gym and fitness club memberships as standard, so paying $100 with that card while enrolled in this offer will get you an additional $15 back.
This offer appears to be highly targeted and some people are seeing an offer giving $25 or $35 back when spending $99 on Max (formerly HBO Max) which is nowhere near as useful unless you were planning on subscribing to Max already.