Choice Hotels is returning with its oft-run promotion awarding a minimum of 8,000 total points when staying twice by April 30th, 2024.
- Stay twice at Choice Hotels & earn at least 8,000 bonus points.
- Registration required.
- Valid for stays until April 30th, 2024,
- Promotion can be used up to four times.
- Registration required before checking out from your first qualifying stay.
- The Offer is only available to members of the Choice Privileges® Rewards Program who register for it, and then make two separate qualifying stays at participating hotels with arrival between February 8, 2024 and April 30, 2024 (WoodSpring Suites® hotels, Mainstay Suites®, Everhome Suites®, Suburban Studios® and Ascend Hotel Collection® all-inclusive resorts, among others, are not participating).
- A single “stay” is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. A “qualifying stay” is a stay by a registered member during this promotion at a participating hotel booked through a qualifying channel (see Qualifying Channel, below) that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
- Most stays are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points EXCEPT: rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel-initiated promotion rates, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a third-party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount.
- Stays at Choice Hotels® properties in the following countries are excluded from this Offer: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia.
- Members must book stays via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, on property, or 800.4CHOICE. Stays directly booked through Book by Google are also eligible, if the member adds their Choice Privileges number to the reservation prior to check-in. Corporate travelers may book through their online booking tool, GDS, or with a travel agent; however, reservations booked through Egencia’s Preferred Rate Program do not qualify for Offer bonus points. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in.
- Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. Request for bonus points made by members who did not register for the Offer will only be considered up to 60 days after the Offer ends; requests thereafter will be automatically denied.
- Registered members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 to a maximum of 8,000 bonus points after the second qualifying stay.
- The number of bonus points awarded depends on the number of base points earned from the two separate qualifying stays, with points varying by hotel. The total of base points plus bonus points awarded, however, will be at least 8,000 points.
- Members may take advantage of this offer a maximum of four times during the Offer period, although the member may continue to earn base points (and any Elite bonuses) on subsequent qualifying stays.
This Choice promotion works the same as virtually every other promotion they’ve run in recent years. In case you’re not familiar with how it works, when you stay twice with Choice you’ll earn a minimum of 5,000 bonus points. They guarantee that you’ll earn at least 8,000 total points which is inclusive of both the base points you earn and the bonus points earned from this promotion. That means if you earn, say, 1,760 base points from a couple of one night stays, you’d be awarded with 6,240 bonus points to bump you up to that 8,000 point threshold. You’ll always earn at least 5,000 bonus points though, even if the number of base points you earn from two stays exceeds 3,000 points.
Don’t forget that Choice is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One and Citi ThankYou, with Citi being the most worthwhile option since they transfer on a 1:2 basis versus Amex and Capital One who only transfer on a 1:1 basis.