|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
It’s an almost-Christmas miracle. Choice Hotels has launched a new promotion that isn’t a repeat of their usual ‘Stay twice & earn up to 8,000 bonus points’ offers.
- Choice Hotels is offering the following bonus points on stays:
- Stay 2 nights & earn 2,000 bonus points
- Stay 3+ nights & earn 5,000 bonus points
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration required at https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/promo/holiday-promotion before check-out.
- The promotion is only available to members of the Choice Privileges Rewards Program who register for this promotion, and then make a qualifying stay at a participating hotel (WoodSpring Suites hotels and Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive resorts, among others, are not participating) with arrival between November 28, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
- A “stay” is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
- A “qualifying stay” is a stay that is during this promotion that is for 2 or more nights at a participating hotel and is booked through a qualifying channel (see Qualifying Channel, below) that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
- Most stays are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points EXCEPT: rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel-initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount.
- Stays at Choice Hotels properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia.
- Registered members that make a qualifying stay of 2 nights will be awarded 2,000 bonus points. Registered members with a qualifying stay of 3 nights or more will be awarded 5,000 bonus points. The maximum number of bonus points awarded per stay will not exceed 5,000 points.
- There is no limit on the number of qualifying stays in which members are eligible to earn bonus points during the promotion period.
- Bonus points require a minimum stay of consecutive nights at a single hotel.
- Bonus points are not awarded if you check out early, which then results in a stay of less than the required nights.
- Offer is not applicable to groups and cannot be combined with any other discounts, special offers or promotions.
- Members must book stays via ChoiceHotels.com, ChoiceHotels.com/en-ca, Choicehotels.com/es-mx, ChoiceHotels.com/en-au, ChoiceHotels.com/en-nz, the Choice Hotels mobile app, 800.4CHOICE (US/CN), 800 36 46835 (MX/LATAM), 1800 116 004 (Australia), or 0800 443 067 (New Zealand).
- Stays directly booked through Book by Google are also eligible, if the member adds their Choice Privileges number to the reservation prior to check-in.
- Corporate travelers may book through their online booking tool, GDS, or with a travel agent; however, reservations booked through Egencia’s Preferred Rate Program do not qualify for promotional bonus points.
- Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in.
- To be eligible to earn bonus points, members must set their earning preference to Choice Privileges points in their online account.
- Any change made to earning preference will remain in effect after the promotion has ended, unless the member changes it.
- Please allow up to 72 hours from check-out for points to post.
- Request for bonus points made by members who did not register for the promotion will only be considered up to 60 days after the promotion ends; request thereafter will be automatically denied.
Choice promos can sometimes be a little frustrating because they usually have a requirement that you stay with them twice during any given promotion period. If you only need to stay with them once, you therefore don’t earn any bonus points even if you book a lengthy stay. This latest promotion is therefore much better from that perspective because you’ll earn 2,000 or 5,000 bonus points depending on if you’re staying 2 or 3+ nights respectively.
Another benefit of this latest promotion is that there’s no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn before the end of the year, whereas with their standard promotion I think you can normally only earn that bonus once.
If you happen to be booking any stays at Choice’s Cambria or Ascend brands, be aware that there’s an Amex Offer giving $60 back when spending $300 that can save you money at those brands. This promotion has an exclusion for Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive resorts, but regular Ascend properties appear to be eligible.
Seeing as you’d be booking a paid stay, click through from a shopping portal before making any reservations – you can check portal rates here.