A couple of months ago Choice Privileges launched a new feature they called Sweet Spot Rewards. This worked in a somewhat similar way to IHG’s old PointBreaks list, although it wasn’t quite as great as IHG’s lists used to be.
Choice’s first list of Sweet Spot Rewards had some interesting-looking properties on it, but that award sale ended a couple of days ago. They’ve now launched a new list of eligible properties you can book at a discount over the next couple of months, with savings of up to 40% on offer.
- Book 25 Choice Hotels properties at discounted award rates.
- Direct link to offer.
- These properties feature reduced Choice Privileges Rewards free nights points redemption levels for the period 12/1/2022 through 01/31/2023.
- Reward nights worldwide are available from 6,000 to 35,000 points (excluding Asia-Pac, where reward nights require up to 100,000 points).
- You may find the reward level for any participating hotel at choiceprivileges.com or by calling the Reservation Program Line.
- Rooms available at these point levels are limited and Choice may change the reward levels or the level of any hotel at any time without notice.
I didn’t end up booking any stays with the last set of Sweet Spot Rewards and don’t have any need to book any from this latest list either, but I’ve found the list interesting nonetheless because it’s highlighted some interesting properties that we might want to stay at in the future.
For example, the Port Inn & Cottages (part of the Ascend Collection) in Port Saint Joe looks like a cute property that has both a main building which you can stay as well as individual cottages.
One of the great features of Choice Privileges is that you can often book into many room types for the standard award rate and that’s no exception at this property. It obviously depends upon availability, but you can book into one of these cottages for only 25,000 points per night. Some of the photos state it’s an efficiency room, but there appears to have a separate bedroom and living room, as well as a full kitchen with a washer and dryer.
While 25,000 points isn’t cheap by Choice standards, that’s still only 12,500 Citi ThankYou points per night transferred over if you have a Citi Premier or Prestige card. Complimentary breakfast is included and if you book one of the cottages you can have your pup stay with you (the main building itself isn’t pet-friendly).
Discounted awards on this Sweet Spot Rewards list go up as high as 40% which can save you a significant number of points if any of these properties align with your stay needs/wants. That includes a Quality Inn that’s only a 20 minute drive from Bryce Canyon National Park if you want to see some snow-topped hoodoos this winter, a grand-looking Clarion Inn in Tennessee, a Comfort Inn only 3 miles from Mt Rushmore and more.
This latest list is only valid on stays through January 31, 2023, so it looks like we can expect these lists to be updated every couple of months.