The addition of Qatar Airways to Avios has made the program even more interesting by adding a fourth airline into the Avios mix (in addition to British Airways, Aer Lingus and Iberia). Qatar is currently running a transfer bonus good for up to 30% when moving points from several rewards points programs into Qatar Privilege Club. Citi Thank You Points (TYP) is one of the included programs.
This bonus has two tiers. If you transfer up to 30,000 TYP in one transaction, you’ll get a 20% bonus (1 TYP-1.2 Avios). If you transfer 30,000+ TYP, you’ll get a 30% bonus (1 TYP-1.3 Avios). These Avios can then be used in Qatar’s program or transferred to British Airways Avios, Aer Lingus or Iberia.
- Transfer Citi Thank You Points to Qatar Airways Avios and get a up to a 30% bonus.
- The bonus Avios awarded will be 20% of the number of base Avios on a transfer of 0-30,000 points converted in a single transaction and 30% of the number of base Avios for 30,000+ points converted in a single transaction.
- Expires 11/15/22
- This campaign ends on 15th Nov 2022, 1559hrs Eastern.
- This campaign is open to all Privilege Club members who are customers of participating partners in the prescribed markets and have Rewards Points.
- All bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account by 15th Dec 2022.
- The bonus Avios will be calculated per transaction and not on the cumulative sum of base Avios converted from Rewards Points during the campaign period except Ooredoo Qatar.
- The bonus Avios will not be calculated retroactively under any circumstances. If the Avios are credited to your Privilege Club account after the offer period you will not earn bonus Avios under this campaign.
Best Uses for Avios and Things to Know
- Business class to Europe from 34K one-way via Iberia. This is probably my favorite Avios redemption and have one booked this year already. Iberia charges as few as 34K miles off-peak for one-way in business class on its own flights from New York, Boston, Chicago, or DC to Madrid during off-peak season. The fuel surcharges are quite reasonable and they also run seasonal promotions (usually during the Winter) where the prices drop down even further.
- Business class South America from 22K one-way via British Airways. I've used this once and availability can be tricky to find. But when you can find it, BA has excellent pricing for shorter distance non-stop American Airlines award flights.
- Long Haul Business Class on Qatar Airways. After Qatar's addition to Avios, BA lowered many of their award prices on Qatar. It's now possible to travel between the United States and Doha in business for only 70,000 Avios with minimal surcharges.
Things to know
- Avios Purchases are processed by Points.com and DO NOT count as airfare.
- Avios can be easily transferred between Aer Lingus, Iberia and British Airways
- Avios expire after 36 months of no activity
- British Airways has near-extortionate fuel surcharges when flying on BA metal. It's best to keep Avios for use with partners or the Iberia Plus
Other Transfer Bonuses
|Transfer From||Transfer Bonus Details||End Date|
|Chase||40% transfer bonus from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Marriott||2022/12/20|
|Amex||25% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to Air France/KLM Flying Blue||2022/12/07|
|Amex||15% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to Avianca LifeMiles||2022/12/07|
|Bilt||100% transfer bonus from Bilt to IHG One Rewards||2022/12/01|
|Chase||30% transfer bonus from Chase to Aeroplan||2022/11/30|
|Capital One||20% transfer bonus from Capital One to British Airways Avios||2022/11/30|
|Capital One||20% transfer bonus from Capital One to Accor Live Limitless||2022/11/30|
(h/t: Dan’s Deals)