|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Citi is offering a 25% transfer bonus from ThankYou Rewards to Air France Flying Blue through May 20, 2022. The bonus is on the Citi side, so you will see the total miles that you’ll receive before transferring and have access to them as soon as the transfer is complete.
- Transfer ThankYou Points to Flying Blue and receive 25% bonus Flying Blue Miles.
- Offer is valid for Point Transfers to Flying Blue completed by 11:59 PM ET May 20, 2022.
As with almost any transfer bonus, I don’t recommend transferring unless you have an immediate need for the miles. There has been very good availability from the US to Europe this year on Flying Blue so far, but the program does pass along fees that usually range from $200-$400 each way for Business Class travel…so factor that in to the total cost. Also, if you have some Ultimate Rewards, it’s worth also checking out the Chase to Virgin Atlantic Bonus that just launched today.
- Air France Flying Blue Promo Rewards. Each month, Air France offers discounted award rates for a number of routes. Sometimes we see economy flights from the US to Europe available for less than 11,000 miles one-way.
- Fly to Israel for the same award price as to Europe. For example, you may see business class flights from the U.S. to Tel Aviv for as low as 55,000 miles one-way.
- Delta economy flights between the US and Hawaii for 17,500 miles one-way. Air France also has great award prices for Delta first class to Hawaii, but Delta rarely releases first class award space on its Hawaii routes.
- Air France awards usually incur taxes and fees.
- Award availability may be hard to find. Acquire Flying Blue miles only if you know that the awards you want are available.
- Flying Blue miles expire 2 years after they are earned. Keeping miles alive beyond two years is… weird:
- As long as you don’t credit any flying activity to your account, you can renew your miles by acquiring more miles through non-flight activity. For example, transferring miles from a transferable points program will renew these miles.
- If you earn miles by crediting flight activity to your account, then all of your miles become flight activity miles and can only be extended by taking an eligible flight (and crediting it to Flying Blue), or by being an elite member, or making a purchase with your Air France / KLM Flying Blue credit card.
- For more details, see: Air France’s Flying Blue miles are easier to extend than I thought