|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
For three days only, the British Airways shopping portal is offering 12x Avios for Apple purchases. It looks like AirPods and Bose products are excluded, but most other Apple products will earn you 12x.
Amtrak is also offering 7x which, when you consider how much those points are worth, might be an even better option.
- Earn 12x Avios on Apple purchases through the British Airways shopping portal.
- Expires August 24, 2019.
- Stated reward is for purchasing: the new iPad Air, new iPad mini, Mac mini, new MacBook Air, new iMac, new iPad Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, new iPad with support for Apple Pencil, HomePod, new iMac Pro, Apple TV 4K, Apple iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Edition, Apple Watch, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, new 9.7-inch iPad (5th Generation), new 10.5-inch iPad Pro, new 12.9-inch iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, new MacBook Pro, iMac with Retina 5k display, Mac mini, iPad Pro, iPad Pro 9.7 inch, Apple Pencil, Apple Watch Series 3, New MacBook, New Mac Pro, Retina 4K 21.5 inch iMac, Retina 5K 27 inch iMac, iMac, new iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, iPod Touch, Beats, Beats X, Accessories, Software, Apple TV (old model) and the new Apple TV.
- Unless you are notified otherwise, no rewards are given on new products when launched including the new AirPods or on One-to-one membership, Shipping and Tax charges, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs, Apple Employee Purchase Programs, iTunes gift cards, Apple gift cards purchases and gift wrap.
- Rewards are not given on reserve and collect purchases or pre-orders.
- Rewards will only be available for up to 2 iPhones and 5 of all other products per order within a 30 days period. Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale. Apple reserves the final right to refuse rewards should they suspect a transaction being trader’s activity. This applies to all products sold on Apple .
Earning 12x on Apple purchases is an excellent return and is the highest we’ve ever seen, or it certainly is when looking at the last 18 months anyway. The highest rate most recently was 10x which was also through the Avios shopping portal, but that was only for one day.
Amtrak is also offering 7x on Apple purchases until August 24 which could be a better deal if you you’re planning any trips by rail. The Reasonable Redemption Value for Amtrak points is 2.56cpp, making a 7x rate worth 17.92%. The RRV for Avios on the other hand is 1.09cpp, making a 12x rate worth “only” 13.08%. That said, it’s definitely possible to get more than 1.09cpp of value from Avios when taking short haul American Airlines flights or some of their other sweet spots, so that might still be the better option.