|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
For one day only, the United MileagePlus portal is offering 6x on purchases from the Apple Store. When stacked with the portal’s back-to-school bonus, you can earn up to 11x.
- Earn 6x on Apple Store purchases through the United MileagePlus shopping portal.
- Direct link.
- Expires August 1, 2018.
- Newly released products may not be eligible.
- Additional products not eligible are: gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, and expedited shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Employee Purchase Plan sites are not eligible.
- EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Apple Developer Programs are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
Purchases from the Apple Store rarely earn more than 3x through airline shopping portals, so 6x is an excellent rate. This is particularly notable as the MileagePlus portal is currently offering a three-tiered bonus on purchases through the portal:
- Spend $150, earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350, earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Spend $600, earn 3,000 bonus miles
If you were to spend $600 at the Apple Store today, you’d earn 3,600 miles from the 6x rate as well as 3,000 bonus miles from the back-to-school bonus. That’s a total of 6,600 miles which is an 11x return on your purchase.
Be aware that not all products earn cashback / miles through the portal. Unfortunately the terms are a little vague as they state ‘Newly released products may not be eligible.’ I don’t own any Apple products, so I’ve no idea if they’re released anything recently, nor what would constitute ‘newly released’.