The World of Hyatt credit card is offering cardholders the ability to earn up to 5,000 bonus points based on card activity during the month of February. The number of points you earn will depend on how many transactions you do, but it should be pretty easy to earn this bonus if you don’t mind doing a bunch of small transactions.
- World of Hyatt credit card holders can earn bonus points when they register and use their credit card for purchases of $1 or more between February 1, 2021 and February 28, 2021. The following numbers of transactions will qualify for a bonus:
- Make 10 purchases, get 1,000 bonus points
- Make 25 purchases, get 1,500 additional bonus points (for 2,500 points total)
- Make 50 purchases, get 2,500 additional bonus points (for 5K total bonus points)
- Direct link to register for this promotion
- To qualify for this bonus offer, you must register between January 28, 2021 and February 28, 2021 and use your World of Hyatt Credit Card to make a required number of purchases that are each $1.00 or more during the promotional period of February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021.
- You will qualify for and receive 1,000 Bonus Points if you make 10 purchases, 1,500 additional Bonus Points if you make 25 total purchases (for a possible total of 2,500 Bonus Points), and 2,500 additional Bonus Points if you make 50 total purchases (for a possible total of 5,000 Bonus Points).
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for Bonus Points to post to your World of Hyatt account.
- “Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers, or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, racetrack wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, and fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is nontransferable.
This is a creative little promo. Clearly, the idea here is to get the World of Hyatt card at the top of your wallet to be the one you get in the habit of pulling out for everything. With 50 transactions required for the full 5,000 bonus points, it could seem like a somewhat daunting challenge that would require you to move all charges over to the World of Hyatt card for a month given that it means almost two charges every day in February to get to the top level.
In my opinion, they took this a bit farther than they needed to. With fifty transactions required, I would personally be highly apt to do a bunch of $1 Amazon reloads just to keep track and be able to make sure I met the threshold. If I were doing that, I’d probably vary the charges like $1.01, $1.02, $1.03, etc in order to make it easier to count the transactions. I think it might otherwise be a pain to keep track.
Still, I’m sure they’ll get many cardholders to keep the card at the top of wallet with this. It is after all a great bonus — just as they advertise, 5K points is enough for a free night at a Category 1 Hyatt — earning that for 50 transactions of $1 or more is certainly an excellent deal.
Do make sure that you don’t forget to register for the promotion and then make your transactions between February 1 and February 28, 2021. They note that swipe, contactless, Apple Pay and other digital wallets, recurring transactions and more do indeed qualify, so it sounds like any transaction that would ordinarily earn rewards should qualify for the promotion.