Ebay is offering a targeted promo for 8% back in Ebay bucks through Jul 31, 2019 11:59 PM on all qualifying items (up to $100 back) with no minimum purchase requirement. If you haven’t yet maxed it out this quarter, this would stack with Discover for 5% back on PayPal transactions (up to $1500 — see this post for a link to activate).
- Ebay has a new targeted offer to get 8% back in Ebay Bucks (up to $100 back)
- Link to see if you’re targeted
- Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.
- Expires at 11:59PM PT on July 31, 2019
- Max of $100 in Ebay bucks per purchase, up to $500 per earn period
- See promo for full terms
As usual, this excludes categories like gift cards, bullion / paper money, real estate, etc. You should check the exclusions before you buy.
That said, these promos can be useful if you find a deal you’re considering for purchase anyway and for the purchase of things that are rarely discounted (like postage stamps). Sometimes I’ll find items listed in the “wrong” categories that would ordinarily be excluded but keep in mind that items are excluded by category rather than by item type. If you’re further able to stack with 5% back via Discover and perhaps a shopping portal, this could be a very solid deal indeed.
This offer is of course targeted and you’ll have to activate it prior to purchase. I believe that currently-issued eBay bucks expire soon, so this may also be a good way to stack your current bucks with the new promo (assuming that they still stack that way — in the past, I was able to use eBay bucks and earn an increased percentage back like this).
H/T: Slickdeals & Doctor of Credit