Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Etihad is offering a 20% transfer bonus when converting points from select partners into Etihad Guest miles. Unfortunately, SPG and Marriott are excluded from this offer. Transfers from other programs don’t present good value unless you have points that would expire unused and/or you need to top off your Etihad Guest account for a valuable award. Etihad does have some award chart sweet spots, so it might sense to top off for an award — though keep in mind that Etihad is also a Citi Transfer Partner, Amex Transfer Partner, and SPG Transfer Partner — so there are many ways to top off an account.
- 20% transfer bonus from select partners to Etihad Guest including Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor, IHG Rewards, Hyatt, Club Carlson / Radisson Rewards, Shangri-La Golden Circle, and more (see the full list and promotion page here)
- Citi is listed as one of the partners offering a bonus, but note it is Citi UAE only (not US-based Citi ThankYou transfers)
- Valid for transfers made between March 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018
- Bonus miles will appear in your account within 15 days of the end of the promotion (i.e. by April 15th)
- Transfers cannot be reversed
- See additional terms on the promotion page
As noted above, this one only makes sense in limited scenarios. The regular transfer ratios with eligible programs are not very good – the 20% bonus doesn’t do much to change that. Here is a list of eligible programs and their transfer ratios before the bonus. As noted in the “Key Terms” above, remember that though Citi appears in the list, it is Citi UAE only:
As Etihad has some nice sweet spots (like their chart for American Airlines flights), one of these transfers might make sense if you’re just a couple thousand miles short of an award. Keep in mind that partner awards can be challenging to book through Etihad and may require several phone calls to find an experienced agent.
As always, we have added this bonus to our Current point transfer bonuses resource page.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby