If you’re looking to take advantage of the DoorDash Summer of DoorDash 2021 promotions that we posted a little while ago but you are not yet a DashPass subscriber, you may want to subscribe with a Chase co-brand card. Since May, Chase has offering a free one-year DoorDash DashPass membership with select co-branded cards (including Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards; United Credit Cards; IHG® Rewards Cards; Aer Lingus, British Airways, and Iberia Plus Visa Signature® Cards; World of Hyatt Card; Disney® Visa® Cards; and Starbucks® Rewards cards) and they are now sweetning the deal: when you activate your complimentary one-year DoorDash DashPass membership with one of those select co-branded cards, you will receive an automatic $10 DoorDash credit to be used for future orders. Note that you must be a co-brand cardmember who has not already activated DashPass to be eligible.
- Chase cardholders with select co-branded cards including Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards; United Credit Cards; IHG® Rewards Cards; Aer Lingus, British Airways, and Iberia Plus Visa Signature® Cards; World of Hyatt Card; Disney® Visa® Cards; and Starbucks® Rewards cards and now activate their complimentary year-long DashPass subscription will now receive an automatic $10 DoorDash credit for future orders.
- Direct link to activate your membership
- Chase c-branded cardmembers who have not already activated DashPass are eligible for the automatic $10 DoorDash credit
- To activate the free DashPass membership and receive the $10 credit, you must add an eligible Chase credit card as the default payment by visiting the DashPass and Chase co-brands page here or in the DoorDash app.
- Must activate DashPass by 9/30/21 to receive the $10 credit
Bummer this is only available for those who have not already activated their membership. I’m not sure if you’ve previously had DoorDash and let it expire (like if you did a 3-month membership with a Freedom card in the past) if you can re-activate with this and be eligible for the $10, but it’s probably worth a shot. It sounds like this $10 credit is within the DoorDash app, not something being offered as a statement credit from Chase.
Keep in mind that the IHG credit cards are Mastercards and as such should be eligible for $5 off your first two orders each month (valid for World and World Elite Mastercards). I’ll be activating with an IHG card.