|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Danny the Deal Guru at Miles to Memories has picked up on what will be a great deal for a lot of people: United Airlines is offering a free 2-month trial to CLEAR and $100 in United Travel Bank money to the first 10,000 Mileage Plus members who sign up for CLEAR through United MileagePlus. Yes, that should stack with the rebate on an Amex Platinum / Business Platinum card or via the recent Amex Offer. You don’t even have to pay for CLEAR to get the $100 — that part comes within 72 hours of enrolling in the trial. This will be a solid deal for many.
- United is offering a free 2-month trial membership to CLEAR and $100 in United TravelBank cash to the first 10,000 Mileage Plus members who sign up by September 9, 2021
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer valid for the first 10,000 MileagePlus members to purchase a subscription for CLEAR.
- Offer ends on 11:59 CST September 9, 2021, or once all 10,000 offers have been claimed, whichever happens earlier.
- Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify.
- TravelBank recipients will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours of enrolling in CLEAR.
- TravelBank credits will be valid for 9 months after the credit is deposited into member’s accounts.
- TravelBank credits will be deposited on or before September 15, 2021.
Again, as I read those terms you’ll just get $100 in United TravelBank money within 72 hours of enrolling in CLEAR, so I don’t think you need to keep it beyond the 2-month trial in order to get the $100. That’s an amazing deal on its own as it seems like a free $100 United funny-money-maker.
If you have an Amex Platinum card or another card with the Amex Offer for CLEAR, you should be able to sign up through this offer and get the membership fee rebated also. Stephen wrote about his experience getting set up with CLEAR here: Here’s How Easy & Quick It Is To Set Up CLEAR.
Personally, I’ve held out on signing up for CLEAR, PreCheck, or Global Entry. Goodness knows I use enough Google services that I have almost no expectation of privacy, but I have personally been very resistant to anything that requires biometrics for identification — whether the fingerprint reader on my phone or these programs that require scans of biometric info. Of course I’ve been fingerprinted on the way into a number of countries as part of their routine immigration policies, so I guess I should stop being ridiculous about not giving biometric info to CLEAR, Global Entry, Google and TSA PreCheck. Is $100 the price I’ve been waiting for to give up my biometrics? Maybe. It actually might work out to be convenient for me for once…..we’ll see.
Keep in mind that the TravelBank cash through this offer is only valid for 9 months, so you’ll need to use it to buy a flight by May.