|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Update 1/17/22: This deal is back again, but open to the first 50,000 members instead of the first 10,000 members like last time. (h/t to DOC)
This will be a great deal for a lot of people: United Airlines is offering $100 in United Travel Bank money to the first 50,000 Mileage Plus members who sign up for CLEAR through United MileagePlus. Yes, that should stack with the CLEAR rebate on an Amex Platinum / Business Platinum card. If you don’t have access to an AMEX CLEAR credit, there is a reduced rate for membership of $119 for MileagePlus members and $109 for MileagePlus elites.
- United is offering $100 in United TravelBank cash to the first 50,000 Mileage Plus members who sign up for a CLEAR membership by February 9, 2021
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer valid for the first 50,000 MileagePlus members to purchase a subscription for CLEAR.
- Offer ends on February 9, 2021, or once all 50,000 offers have been claimed, whichever happens earlier.
- Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify.
- TravelBank recipients will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours of enrolling in CLEAR.
- TravelBank credits will be valid for 9 months after the credit is deposited into member’s accounts.
- TravelBank credits will be deposited within 8-10 weeks of enrollment.
If you have an Amex Platinum card or another card with the Amex Offer for CLEAR, you should be able to sign up through this offer and get the membership fee rebated also. Stephen wrote about his experience getting set up with CLEAR here: Here’s How Easy & Quick It Is To Set Up CLEAR.
Personally, I’ve held out on signing up for CLEAR, PreCheck, or Global Entry. Goodness knows I use enough Google services that I have almost no expectation of privacy, but I have personally been very resistant to anything that requires biometrics for identification — whether the fingerprint reader on my phone or these programs that require scans of biometric info. Of course I’ve been fingerprinted on the way into a number of countries as part of their routine immigration policies, so I guess I should stop being ridiculous about not giving biometric info to CLEAR, Global Entry, Google and TSA PreCheck. Is $100 the price I’ve been waiting for to give up my biometrics? Maybe. It actually might work out to be convenient for me for once…..we’ll see.
Keep in mind that the TravelBank cash through this offer is only valid for 9 months, so you’ll need to use it to buy a flight by November.