There’s a new targeted Marriott Amex Offer out today which is twice as good as the normal kind as this latest offer is giving $200 back when spending $500 rather than only $100 back. It’s only valid at half a dozen of their brands, but there could be a workaround to use it at other Marriott brands.
- Spend $500+ in room rate & room charges in one or more transactions at Marriott’s luxury brands & get $200 back with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Expires December 15, 2023.
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at the following Marriott Bonvoy participating hotels in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean: The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels & JW Marriott.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands: Marriott Hotels, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts, Westin Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Collection Hotels, Design Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft Hotels, Moxy Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Element by Westin, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, City Express by Marriott and Vistana.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott International luxury brand made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
This Amex Offer is fairly restrictive seeing as it’s only valid at six of their brands – The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels & JW Marriott – and only at their properties in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. However, the return on your spend is very good seeing as you get $200 back when spending only $500 which shouldn’t be hard at these brands.
This offer can even work on award stays at these brands if you end up charging $500 or more to your room via meals, spa treatments, etc.
There’s another workaround if you have any of these properties where you live or where you’ll be visiting by mid-December. Provided they have Marriott gift cards and know how to process them, you could buy a $500 Marriott gift card from the front desk at an eligible property to trigger the $200 statement credit. You can then save that to use at nearly all of Marriott’s brands – not just these six luxury brands. If you happen to have a physical Marriott gift card already, you can ask the front desk to reload that card instead which could be useful if they don’t have any cards in stock themselves. You might note that the terms exclude gift card purchases, but provided you buy them from a front desk that’s always worked in the past. That exclusion seems to refer to buying Marriott gift cards online as those don’t trigger the Amex Offer.