Hyatt is targeting employees of some large companies with an offer giving Explorist status free, then providing an opportunity to maintain that status or even earn Globalist status with reduced requirements.
- Register by November 30, 2022.
- Enjoy Explorist status for 90 days. Note: the 90-day trial period begins when you check out for the first time after registering. Night(s) from the first stay will count in the offer.
- Stay 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days after registering to maintain Explorist status through February 29, 2024
- Stay an additional 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within your original 90 days of registration and earn Globalist status through February 29, 2024. With Globalist status, enjoy even more rewards like room upgrades up to Standard Suites, 30% Bonus Points, daily full breakfast, and more.
- For the purpose of this promotion, a qualifying night is any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
- Direct link to registration.
- To qualify for this offer, World of Hyatt members must register between March 16, 2022, and November 30, 2022.
- Offer only valid for World of Hyatt members who are employed by an entity that has received an invitation from Hyatt for its employees to participate in this offer (any a “Qualifying Entity”). If you are not sure whether you work for a Qualifying Entity, check with your corporate travel manager. To participate, an eligible member must register with his or her valid email address issued by the Qualifying Entity (e.g., business email) through the dedicated offer-registration URL provided by Hyatt to the applicable Qualifying Entity.(If you need the URL, please ask your corporate travel manager.)
- Limit one offer per member. Members may only register for this offer one time within 3 years.
- Only Qualifying Nights completed during the Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period will count towards with this offer.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- Stays completed by member prior to the start of his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a “Tier-Qualifying Night” for purposes of the World of Hyatt program).
- To earn credit towards this offer, member must check out of a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period (each defined below), as applicable.
- If member checks into a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period has ended, (s)he will not earn credit towards this offer for any nights stayed as part of that reservation.
- Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period begins at registration and may not be extended.
This promotion is apparently being targeted at certain large companies like IBM, Siemens and Accenture. There may well be other eligible companies too, so if you only have Member or Discoverist status, it’d be worth entering your work email address on the registration page linked to above to see if you can boost your status.
Explorist status isn’t a hugely rewarding status; its key benefits are room upgrades and late checkout, but neither of those are guaranteed. Still, some status is better than nothing.
This status offer has a second part to it though which could be much more worthwhile if you’ll be staying frequently at Hyatt properties in the next few months. If you stay 10 nights within 90 days of registration, you’ll keep Explorist status through February 2024. If you stay 20 nights within 90 days of registration, you’ll be boosted up to Hyatt’s top-tier Globalist status. Globalist status normally requires 60 elite night credits, so on the one hand only needing 20 nights could be a great opportunity. However, the requirement that those 20 nights are earned within 90 days could make it harder to achieve than the 60 nights required over the course of an entire year.
The other thing to bear in mind is that if you stay 10 nights or 20 nights in those 90 days to earn Explorist or Globalist status respectively, you’re only getting the base status itself rather than any of the Milestone Rewards you’d receive when earning those status levels via normal requirements.
That means Explorist status won’t come with Club Lounge access as Club Lounge Awards are earned when earning 20 and 30 elite night credits. Similarly, Globalist status makes you eligible for suite upgrades when checking in, but Suite Upgrade Awards are only received when staying 50 and 60 nights, with further Suite Upgrade Awards being an option at the Milestone Rewards at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights.