Hilton Honors is out with their 2021 Q1 promotion today: Points Unlimited will offer 2,000 bonus points per stay and 5,000 points after every 5 nights through May 2, 2021.
- Hilton Honors’s 2021 Q1 promotion, called Points Unlimited, is now open for registration and is good for 2,000 bonus Hilton Honors points per stay and 5,000 points after every 5 nights through May 2, 2021
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer valid for stays completed January 1 – May 2, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/pointsunlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 1, 2021 will receive Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 1, 2021 and prior to or on May 2, 2021. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 5,000 Bonus Points for every 5 nights completed.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer, and the 5,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Each time a member achieves 5 nights, 5,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s night count will reset.
- Additional nights earned over the 5 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 5,000 Bonus Point award. For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- This offer may be altered or terminated without notice.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your account.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
The total number of bonus points you can earn through this new promotion is theoretically unlimited, though there are of course a finite number of days between January and May. Still, Hilton makes this one very simple: get 2,000 points for each stay and 5,000 points each time you’ve completed 5 nights (including when those nights are split over two stays).
As always, it’s worth registering now even if you don’t plan to take advantage of the promotion. That’s because the terms indicate that you need to register before completing an eligible stay. Registering now means that if you unexpectedly end up with a qualifying stay, you don’t need to worry about forgetting to register.
This deal can make award stays at the lowest-level Hilton properties a particularly good deal. Since you could earn 2K points from a 1-night stay and 5K points after completing 5 nights, five one-night stays could get you 15K points. Given that the cheapest Hilton properties at least in theory cost 5K points per night, that’s a significant rebate. However, you’re unlikely to find 5K properties in the US — 10K seems to be the minimum cost per night here. Still, this deal could represent a decent rebate for someone with a lot of one-night stays or with very cheap nights that otherwise wouldn’t earn a ton of points even with double triple point promotions.