Hilton has opened registration for their next promotion which starts on September 7 and offers up to triple points on all your stays.
- Earn double points on all Hilton stays or triple points when paying with a Hilton Amex card.
- Direct link to registration.
- Offer valid for stays completed September 7, 2021, through December 31, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. You must check out on or prior to December 31, 2021 to be eligible for this offer.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 7, 2021 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 7, 2021 and prior to or on December 31, 2021.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double (2X) Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period or Triple (3X) Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period for using a Hilton Honors Credit Card. “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. “Triple Points” means for each dollar spent using your Hilton Honors Credit Card on stays at a property within the Hilton portfolio during the Promotion Period, you will receive a bonus equal to twice the number of Base Points earned during a stay as long as the primary card member’s Hilton Honors number is on the reservation.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- This offer may be terminated without notice. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account. A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers. In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center/Health Club Access and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge. Space-available upgrades only available at select brands. Elite status benefits are subject to availability and vary by brand. For more information, please visit HiltonHonors.com.
The earning potential for this new promotion is the same as for their current promotion, although the structure of it is set up differently. With their current promotion you earn double points on stays of 1-2 nights and triple points on stays of 3+ nights. With this new Power Up promotion, you earn double points on all stays regardless of length unless you pay with a Hilton credit card, in which case you earn triple points.
That means there’s the potential to earn up to 54 points per dollar depending on your status and which (if any) Hilton cards you own. Having a Hilton Aspire credit card and paying with that is how you’ll earn 54 points per dollar:
- 10 base points per dollar
- 20 bonus points per dollar from this promotion
- 10 bonus points per dollar from having Diamond status (which you get with the Aspire card)
- 14 bonus points per dollar (the earning rate on the Aspire card when paying for Hilton stays)
That’s a very good return, although it’s certainly not a unique promo as I’d guess that at least half of Hilton’s promotions over the last few years have offered that same 54x earning opportunity in one form or another. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as it’s meant that you could always rely on Hilton to offer a solid return in points when booking paid stays.
What’ll be a little disappointing is if you were planning any award stays through the end of the year as it means you won’t earn points from this promotion. Hilton’s other go-to style of promotion offers x number of bonus points per night and/or per stay. Those promotions can be great as the bonus points are awarded even when booking award stays, but they don’t tend to be as rewarding on paid stays.
There could be times where it makes sense to not pay with a Hilton card, despite the fact that it could mean missing out on up to 24 bonus points per dollar (up to 14x on the Aspire card and 10x points due to only earning double points rather than triple points). That’s because there are a number of Amex Offers available right now that are good at various Hilton brands. If you weren’t able to load those offers to a Hilton card, the savings from the Amex Offers loaded to a non-Hilton card could be more than the value of the bonus points you’d be forgoing by paying with a Hilton card. That would depend on the cost of your stay and the statement credit for the Amex Offer, so you’ll need to do the math if you find yourself in that scenario to calculate what’s best.