|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 8/26/20: Registration has now opened for this promotion. The registration page has a different link to the one in the original post, so that link has been updated below in case you’d bookmarked the previous link.
Hilton Honors has an upcoming promotion that has been leaked early (although the landing page is not yet active for registration): from September 8th, 2020 to December 31, 2020, members who register will earn double points and double elite night credit for stays consumed during the promo period. These bonus elite nights will roll over to 2021 for those with elite status already and the bonus elite nights will count toward 2020 Milestone Rewards (but apparently not again toward 2021 Milestone Rewards).
- Hilton Honors will be offering double points and double elite night credits for stays consumed between September 8, 2020 and December 31, 2020 when you first register for the promotion
- Direct link to registration
- You must register prior to check out to receive these bonuses
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period as well as double night credits. Double Bonus Points means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Double night credit means one additional, tier qualifying night credit will be awarded for each night stayed in the promo period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 8, 2020 will receive double Hilton Honors Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 8, 2020 and prior to or on December 31, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will receive double night credit for all nights completed in the promotion period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Double nights will count towards Hilton Honors members’ 2020 night count and will be eligible for rollover night credit.
- Most rates are eligible, but see this section of the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions for details on excluded rate types
- Existing reservations are eligible provided they are for check-in / check-out during the promo period
This promotion is clearly a way to incentivize people to stay given the current environment. We have long expected to see these types of promotions this year. Frankly, I’m surprised that Hilton is the first chain to offer a broad and un-targeted promotion for bonus elite night credit.
Double points are nice, but not an altogether uncommon offering from Hilton. What makes this promo notable is the inclusion of double elite night credits.
If you currently have Hilton elite status, it has already been extended into 2022 and any nights you earn this year roll over into qualifying in 2021 for 2022 status (i.e. status that expires in March 2023). Between any nights you pick up this year and regular activity next year, it could therefore be significantly easier to qualify for Hilton elite status.
Of course, many readers have Hilton elite status courtesy of a credit card and therefore may not be highly motivated by the chase for elite status. However, since Hilton awards Milestone bonuses, these bonus nights could be useful in triggering additional point earnings for those who already have 30 or more elite nights this year. That’s because, starting at 40 elite nights, members earn 10,000 bonus points and then earn an additional 10,000 bonus points every 10 nights (and an additional 30K points at 60 nights).
Therefore, if you were at 30 nights today, five nights during the promotion period would earn 10 elite nights and therefore 10K bonus points. Those at 50 nights this year would stand to make out the best given that I believe the 30K bonus points at 60 nights are on top of the 10K Milestone bonus — meaning that those at 50 nights right now would stand to earn 40K bonus points with 5 nights during the promo period (on top of double points).
All that said, I’m sure that many members are nowhere near the nights thresholds this year. If you’re starting near zero, the incentive here is pretty limited unless you’re looking to accumulate elite status by combining nights this year with nights next year.
As noted above, registration and the landing page are not yet live. We will update when this is live, at which point I recommend registering as soon as you can. You never know when you may have an unexpected stay, so it’s better to be registered and not use the promotion than to stay without registering to receive double credit.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby