World of Hyatt has announced a new promotion specific to World of Hyatt Credit Card and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card holders: register by January 31, 2023 and stay between January 2, 2023 and March 5, 2023 and get 1,000 bonus points for each stay of 2 or more nights at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place.
- World of Hyatt is offering a special bonus for cardholders: register between December 1, 2022 and January 2, 2023 and earn 1,000 bonus points for every eligible stay of at least 2 or more consecutive nights at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels.
- Direct link to this deal
- You must be a World of Hyatt Credit Cardholder or World of Hyatt Business Credit Cardholder, have received this email, and register between December 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023 to participate.
- Only Eligible Stays completed after registration and between January 2, 2023 and March 5, 2023 (“Promotion Period”) will count towards this promotion.
- Beginning on your first Eligible Stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for every Eligible Stay of at least two (2) or more consecutive nights at participating Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels.
- A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion.
- All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
- For purposes of this promotion, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion.
- You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number before the time of check-out for each stay.
- Please allow two to three weeks after check out for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
- See landing page for full terms
On the one hand, this looks like a nice little promo here given that Hyatt House and Hyatt Place make up a significant piece of Hyatt’s domestic footprint in the US. I believe that award stays should count. If you’re able to book a Category 1 property off-peak for 3,500 points per night, the 1,000 points back from this promotion is a nice little bonus, particularly on a two-night stay.
Since this promotion awards a maximum of 500 bonus points per night if you stay exactly two nights, the return probably isn’t big enough to switch a stay from another brand, but it puts a bonus in your pocket for a brand where you don’t otherwise receive much for your loyalty.
On that note, Hyatt used to offer a welcome amenity of 1,000 points for Diamond / Globalist members. I have missed that bonus ever since they got rid of it because it made it worth it to choose Hyatt Place over other similar options. My excitement was dampened a bit when I thought about that.
Still, if you’re a cardholder, you may as well register for this ASAP even if you don’t think you’ll use it — you never know when an unexpected stay may come up where it fits.