Hyatt has launched a new sale on paid stays that offers up to 15% off room rates to honor it’s “partnership” with the fortunately-named pro football player, Jalin Hyatt. I’m always dubious when there are headline rates like that and this sale wasn’t mind-blowing at any of the properties that I looked at, usually somewhere in-between the member and advanced-purchase rates.
- Get up to 15% off Hyatt stays at participating hotels between September 6, 2023 and December 31, 2024.
- Must using promo code TOUCHDOWN or GOJALIN15 (enter code in ‘Special Offer Code’ field).
- Book by February 28, 2024
- Offer valid for qualifying reservations made between September 6, 2023, and February 28, 2024, for stays at participating hotels from September 6, 2023, and completed by December 31, 2024.
- Use Special Offer Codes GOJALIN15 or TOUCHDOWN at time of reservation to receive discount. For information about the cancellation, refund and deposit policies associated with this offer, please see the information provided at time of booking.
- Discount percent applies to room rate only.
- Offer must be booked on hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt app, via a Global Care Center, via the Hyatt WeChat mini program or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the relevant discounted rate.
- Discount percent applies to room rate only and represents a discount off the Standard Rate.
- Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs.
- Offer not valid at Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, AMR Legacy Collection, Hyatt Vacation Club, Hyatt Residence Club, Miraval, MGM, UrCove and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
- This offer may be altered or withdrawn at any time without notice.
This Hyatt sale offers “up to 15% off the Standard Rate.” The Standard Rate is rarely the lowest rate available because there are often cheaper non-refundable Advance Purchase rates available, as well as refundable Member Rate options.
This is limited to “participating” properties, which means that there’ll most likely be a chunk of hotels where the promo codes don’t work. For example, I did a search for Orlando and the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport doesn’t seem to be participating in this sale.
However, when looking at the Hyatt House Orlando Airport, the rate is showing and seems to be valid for both World of Hyatt Members and non-members:
The standard rate for the night was $169. As you can see above, the promo was ~$10 more than the advance purchase rate for both members and non-members. The promo rate does have the advantage of a flexible cancellation policy and only requires a one-night deposit as opposed to full pre-payment. That would obviously be more desirable for many folks.
There are a couple of things worth noting with this sale. First, although it refers you to individual cancellation policies in the terms, every hotel that I looked at required a one-night deposit at the time of booking with cancellation allowed until 3 days before the stay. Second, using this sale to book Hyatt stays overseas could be particularly good for people without Globalist status. If you book a stay in Europe, Africa or the Middle East, the rate will most likely include complimentary breakfast.