Background: AwardWallet is a free service for keeping track of frequent flyer miles, hotel points, bank points, and more. It offers both a web site and mobile app for accessing your information. AwardWallet lets you manage both your own and your family member’s accounts. For most accounts, it will automatically update your award balances without any extra work from you.
I realized a contradiction the other day. I think of AwardWallet as a tool for keeping track of hotel and airline point balances, but that’s not really what I use it for. The ability to check current mileage balances doesn’t even make my top 5 list. Here are the top things I rely on AwardWallet to do:
- Launch sites and automatically log in: I rarely navigate directly to an airline or hotel’s website to book awards or check on reservations. Instead, I start with Award Wallet, and click the name of the program. This causes AwardWallet to launch the website and automatically log me in. Since AwardWallet keeps information for my entire family, this makes it easy to log into my own, my wife’s, or my son’s accounts, as needed.
- Warn me when certificates are about to expire: This is huge. Free night certificates or companion certificates earned from credit cards or promotions usually expire a year from when they were issued. AwardWallet displays the certificates and indicates the number of months until expiry. More importantly, AwardWallet proactively emails a warning letting you know if a certificate will soon expire. Even though this feature is similar to the next one, I find it more important: most points (but not all) stay alive as long as you have activity in your account. Certificates generally have a hard expiration date. And I rely on AwardWallet to let me know if I’m in danger of losing them.
- Point and Mile Expiration Warnings: Recently AwardWallet emailed to let me know that my son’s AA miles would soon expire. Good to know! I logged into the AAdvantage eShopping portal, clicked through to Kmart, and bought something that doesn’t suck with my Shop Your Way Rewards points (which were also about to expire according to AwardWallet!). Soon enough, the miles posted to my son’s account and reset the expiry clock for another 18 months.
- Lookup member number, ID, and password: If I need to know my (or a family member’s) loyalty account number, I open AwardWallet and check. This comes up often when enrolling in promotions. Less often, I may need to know a log-in ID and/or password. I use AwardWallet to look those up too.
- Let me know when points and miles increase or decrease: Every week, AwardWallet sends an email showing every program in which point balances have increased or decreased. This comes in handy when the change is not as expected, or to inform me that points from an old promotion have finally rolled in.
The fact that you can log into AwardWallet and see your current balances is cool, but as you can see above, it’s not the main reason I use the app!
If you don’t already have an AwardWallet account, please consider signing up with my link. For every 5 people who sign up, I’ll earn another upgrade coupon. That way I’ll earn additional upgrades to give away. Disclosure: I don’t earn any money from the referral, but if people I refer pay for upgrades to AwardWallet Plus, I’ll earn points that can be redeemed for airline miles. Hopefully you won’t have to pay, though, since you can use one of the upgrade codes here!
AwardWallet Plus is a paid upgrade to AwardWallet (unless you get free codes like those below). It offers the following features:
How to apply upgrade
- Make sure you have an active AwardWallet account. Click here to signup for free.
- Refresh this page to make sure that the latest codes are available.
- Try the top upgrade link. If it doesn’t work, try the next one down in the list, etc.
- If none work, let me know via the comments. I will periodically update the codes throughout the day.
Sorry! All upgrade codes have been used.
[…] the post “I love AwardWallet, but not for the reason you think,” I listed my favorite AwardWallet […]
Does anyone have a free upgrade code available by chance?
[…] For more details about Award Wallet, please see: I love AwardWallet, but not for the reason you think. […]
Greg, my fiancee and I both signed up (terribly sorry, I forgot to use your link!) and AwardWallet gave us ten upgrade coupons each. Of course, we used one of each other’s, but is there a way to message you directly with the codes or would it be best to post here to help out? The same code will work 9 times, as far as I can tell.
Thanks for what you do! Love the site.
That’s so cool of you!
Thanks Brogdon! If you can post your codes here, that would be great for those who subscribed to the comments and are waiting eagerly for another chance.
Whatever happened to the cool AwardWallet Logo Generator which would have your total miles to post on Social Media – did AwardWallet take it away?
I don’t remember that one
are you still updating the upgrade codes for the AwardWallet? If so, the current list is completely full.
I am hoping to add more codes, but first I’m waiting for info from AwardWallet. I contacted them because many more codes appeared in my account than I expected and I’m afraid that many of them may be codes already used. I don’t want to give out “new” codes if they don’t really work. They promised to investigate
More Codes please Greg 🙂
I will subscribe just in case Greg can post more codes 🙂
For me the trip management features, check in reminders etc, are extremely important.
I am hoping to add more codes, but first I’m waiting for info from AwardWallet. I contacted them because many more codes appeared in my account than I expected and I’m afraid that many of them may be codes already used. I don’t want to give out “new” codes if they don’t really work. They promised to investigate.
Thanks for looking into this Greg!
Any chance of adding more codes?
Hi Greg, all codes were already used. Could you post more codes please? Thanks!!!!
What’s supposed to happen? When I click on it e code it opens my app but that’s it. Does that mean the code is used? I went through all of them.
Make sure you have AwardWallet open in another tab before you click. It should bring up a screen that says “Upgrade or get AwardWallet OneCard credits using coupon”. Then when you press “Apply Coupon” you’ll be told whether or not it worked.
Thanks. I wasn’t getting that on my phone. When I tried on my computer I got that, but all the codes were used. Can you share some new codes please? Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!
All used from what I can tell
Thanks. Just used VTZOP.
New codes added to the post. Refresh and scroll down
Thanks Greg! Feels like I got a present today!
Great got one . thx! I see they don’t have BUDGET Rent a Car either. Weird
hi. coupons have expired. please send a new one. thx
All used up again, posting so I can see if I get notified when more are posted this time.
Finally snagged one. Thanks. Used Invite-56528-VGIGC
Posted some more codes
where are u posting the new codes?
All codes are used
I just hid some more codes within the comments of a recent post on the Frequent Miler Facebook page.
Even the hidden FB codes are gone.
I missed out yet again, but thanks for sharing with the community Greg.
all taken as of 12:27pm EST. input too many codes and they make you wait 5 minutes before you can try again.
Man, these codes are gone like in seconds. But I signed up through your link.
Makes me wonder if something fishy is going on (with people taking the codes). I know there’s always a lot of lurkers but these were gobbled up in seconds like a high demand concert ticket.
Added more codes
If you like AwardWallet that much why not just to send them a few $ to support them instead of using a free upgrade coupon.
Do they still have missing airline programs, or ones that require workarounds like setting up e-mail alerts from delta with your point balance? The main reason I dumped them is they were having problems with permissions from AA, DL, and southwest……I did like the reminder features to keep things from expiring.
Yes unfortunately Delta and Southwest don’t allow Award Wallet to interface with their systems
I just signed up via your link. All upgrade codes up to Invite-56528-METHO are used. Can you please put out more? Thanks much!
All upgrades are used 🙁
My Awardwallet has hard time logging into Hyatt.
Although I can login fine manually on Hyatt.com, the same ID/password used in AW gives me password problem.
Unless I’m missing something, there’s no way to upgrade once you already have an established account, correct? In order to upgrade, you have to do it while signing up? If so, that sucks. I’d like to experience Plus. My account says I have 10 upgrades to give out, however.
You can upgrade at any time. You can even use your own upgrade coupons on your account. Just click one of your coupon links and that should bring you to a page inviting you to apply the coupon. Then go to your profile to see the date when AW Plus expires. It should be 6 months later than before.
Thank you for enlightening me. I had no idea.
When I try to use my upgrade coupon, it says for first time users only. How are you getting past this?
Nevermind, I was looking in the wrong place, the upgrade coupons are rewarded after 5 referrals.
All Codes are used
Added some more codes
@Mike, “why believe the security protocol for Award Wallet ensures future safety?”
You’re absolutely right, you can’t.
That said, Award Wallet lets you store your credentials locally (as opposed to on their servers) so you can eliminate most of the risk that way (while sacrificing convenience).
Goddammit! When will I finally get a working Awardwallet code?!?? (sigh)
I also put in all my shopping log-ins and found out I had a $5 reward from Best Buy I didn’t know I had!
The convenience potential is impressive, but peeking at data this sensitive is not meant to be convenient. It’s meant to be secure. Given the wave of data breaches that have come to plague electronic storage systems in recent years, why believe the security protocol for Award Wallet ensures future safety? I mean, they don’t even keep their own sign-up codes secure.
True. Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether the convenience outweighs the risk. I do know that AwardWallet routinely invites hackers to try to hack a copy of their system and they pay for any security holes found. Obviously that doesn’t eliminate the risk, but it’s more than many/most companies do. Also, you can choose to store passwords on your local device instead of with AwardWallet, but that will reduce the benefit of using it
all gone at 7:58 AM EDT
All gone. 🙁
They have all been used.
Used 56528-HRQKL. Thanks!
Amazeballs, thanks. Invite-56528-JSNKK used