IHG Rewards has launched a new promotion which offers 3,000 bonus points when staying two nights. This might be targeted, but I was able to register despite not receiving an email about it.
- Stay two nights at IHG properties and earn 3,000 bonus points. Stay two more nights and earn an additional 3,000 bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- Must be an IHG Rewards member and must be invited to participate in “Stay 2 Nights. Earn 3K Points. Repeat.” (“Offer”).
- You must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer.
- 3,000 bonus points will be awarded upon completing two qualifying nights, and an additional 3,000 bonus points will be awarded upon completing two additional qualifying nights.
- Stays must be between August 19, 2021, and September 30, 2021 (“Offer Period”), at any IHG Hotels & Resorts brand, Mr and Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses properties worldwide.
- Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers.
- Offer available at participating Six Senses properties, as identified on each hotel’s booking page.
- A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the Offer.
- No retroactive credit will be awarded for Stays prior to registration.
- This Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained here.
- Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account.
- The use of certain rates may be subject to applicable agreement(s). Any misuse of such rates is considered a fraud activity subject to IHG Rewards Membership terms and conditions. IHG reserves the right to remove a member’s bonus points award or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG Rewards reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
- This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only.
- Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign period.
- The Offer can only be redeemed once per member during the Offer Period, and a maximum of 6,000 bonus points can be achieved.
- The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying.
- IHG reserves the right to recoup any points incorrectly awarded.
The terms of this offer suggest that it’s a targeted promotion based on receiving an invitation to enroll. My wife received this offer and successfully registered. I then tried registering my account number and rather than it giving some kind of error message like some targeted IHG promotions do, it confirmed that my account was registered too. I therefore suspect that this offer might be open to more people than just those who received an email about it, but there’s no guarantee you’ll receive the bonus points if you didn’t get that email.
One of the good things about the promotion is that although you have to stay two nights to earn 3,000 bonus points, they don’t have to be consecutive nights.
3,000 bonus points isn’t a massive bonus, but it’s in addition to whatever other promotion(s) IHG is running. Their current promo is due to end on August 16, so before this 3,000 point offer starts. They’ll therefore hopefully launch another new promo in the next week or so that’ll be open to everyone.
This offer will also stack nicely with the 9% cashback TopCashback is offering today and the bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles available by paying with a linked Mastercard in the SimplyMiles program.