Update 6/2/21: These offers are back and valid through July 31, 2021. If you’d activated the offers previously, you’ll need to activate them again.
SimplyMiles is offering bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles at IHG brands via card-linked offers that you can add to whatever Mastercard you have linked to SimplyMiles.
- SimplyMiles is offering bonus miles for IHG hotels & resorts spend. Note that these offers are targeted, so you may not see all of the same offers and/or may see differing payouts. Here’s what we’ve seen:
Spend $100 & earn 875 miles at
Spend $200 & earn 2,150 miles at
- Even Hotels
- Holiday Inn Resort
- Holiday Inn
- Staybridge Suites
- Holiday Inn Express
- Candlewood Suites
- Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Indigo
- Crowne Plaza (note that my offer for Crowne Plaza was the $100 offer above, but Stephen saw the $200 offer on Crowne Plaza)
Here are the terms from the IHG Hotels & Resorts offer:
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued Mastercard Credit Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card and 1 redemption per Card Member.
- Offer valid at IHG Hotels & Resorts properties in the US. Reservations must be made directly with IHG Hotels & Resorts via ihg.com.
- *Offer only valid on room rate and room charges during promotion timeframe
4/09/2021 to 5/31/20216/01/2021 to 7/31/2021 and is non-transferable.
If you’ll be paying for an IHG stay during the period of validity, you may as well sync these offers up and take advantage of some bonus miles. I’m not positive whether the generic “IHG Hotels & Resorts” offer will stack with the other brand offers. For example, if you sync that offer and the Kimpton offer and you spend $200 at a Kimpton, will you get 3,150 miles? I’m not sure, but it’s worth a shot.
Again, these offers can be targeted. I did not have offers for Even hotels or Intercontinental, whereas Stephen did. YMMV.
Note that SimplyMiles offers link to Mastercards only. Since the IHG credit cards are Mastercards, it would make the most sense to link these to an IHG credit card to earn the bonus miles while also earning a good return for IHG spend.
H/T: Reader Mary