Frequent Miler brings you some good deals each week — but they won’t last forever. Last Chance Deals is your weekly reminder to take advantage of these solid deals before they end.
Last Chance Deals
Expiring today (February 12)
- IHG Cardmembers: 15% Discount on IHG Points + Cash — Today is your last chance to effectively buy IHG points at a decent discount — just over half a penny a point. IHG isn’t my favorite program, but I inevitably find myself in a situation a few times a year where my preferred options aren’t available and IHG points come in handy. I’ll probably grab a few.
Through February 13 / 14
- American and United are offering bonus miles for purchases through 2/13 and 2/14 respectively— While I collect most of the miles and points in my household, I help my wife maintain accounts specifically so we can both max out shopping portal bonuses when the opportunity is right. This promo comes out to an extra 4 miles per dollar through each portal if maxing out the promo. The spending thresholds aren’t very high, so it’s easy to take advantage of this one if you have any upcoming purchases to make.
Through February 15
- Stay Twice at IHG Hotels and get up to $100 Mastercard Gift Card — While it’s unlikely that you have two IHG stays planned in the next three days (one of which needs to be for at least two nights under the promo terms), this is a reminder that if you’ve registered and have one stay already, you have just a few days left to pick up the second stay. Also remember that you can enter online for the chance to win a prize (once per day).
Won’t Last Long
- 30X Amtrak at 1800Flowers — The terms of this deal state that it is good through February 28th, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pulled early. We have the perfect storm: 1) Amtrak points have relatively high value. 2) A lot of people with the Amex Offer are probably using it. 3) A lot of people are sending flowers this week. That three-pronged attack makes it unlikely to last to the end of the month in my opinion. I’d use this one sooner rather than later.
Other Limited-Time Deals
- Blue for Business Offer Extended through 2/22/17: 10K + 10X & 2X Kickers: This is a really compelling offer that should get your attention if it hasn’t already. The 10x at restaurants is easy to max out if you buy gift cards at restaurants you know you will visit. You may also be able to charge catering expenses if your caterer codes as a restaurant (the caterer for my wedding did a couple of years ago).
- Targeted United Explorer Card Offers: Up to 75K Miles
- Southwest Business 60K Offer is Back!
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- 22% Off Hotels.com gift cards via Amex Offer (Expires 2/28/17)
- National Car Rental: One Free Day After 2 Qualifying Rentals & More Ways to Earn (expires 2/28/17)
- [Targeted] Marriott Amex Offer: Spend $200+ & Get 3,000 Points (expires 2/28/17)
- 30% Bonus When Transferring Hotel Points to Cathay Asia Miles (expires 2/28/17)
- New Amex Offer: Save $75 off $300+ at HotelStorm (Expires 3/12/17)
- New Amex Offer: $35 off $175+ at Hampton & Hilton Garden Inn (Expires 3/17/17)
- [Targeted] Earn 5X Points on Airfare with your Amex Business Platinum Card Expires 3/29/17)
- Hotel Transfers Will Count Towards the Southwest Companion Pass through March 31! (Expires 3/31/17)[Hot]
- Vancouver winter hotel deal: Great 1st night rebates on prepaid rates (Expires 4/30/17)
- Get $30 Off First Ride from Uber & American Express (Expires 7/31/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- [Targeted] Earn 2X Points on Purchases of $5,000+ with your Amex Business Platinum Card (Expires 4/18/17)
- [Targeted?] Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Delta Skymiles through partners
Bank Account Bonuses
- Chase Personal Checking & Savings Bonus: Get up to $500 (Deal Back Again) (Expires 3/7/17)
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)
Want to learn more about miles and points? Subscribe to email updates or check out our podcast on your favorite podcast platform.