Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around. This week, there are some big time signup bonus changes coming — reportedly the currently-increased Southwest offers will end and the Hyatt offer will make a major change. Is now the time to sign up? I’m contemplating that question this week with you.
With this week being the end of the month, there are many deals scheduled to end this Friday. I’m scheduling several reminders to take advantage of various offers this week.
If you’re interested in any of these offers, there’s no time like the present and no telling when some may end. Here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers.
Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expiring Thursday, June 29th
- 60K Southwest Rapid Rewards sign up offers on all 3 Southwest credit cards: All three Southwest credit cards are offering 60K points each. Getting two of these and meeting the spend will trigger a companion pass. This is a great time to get in on these offers if you are eligible. Doctor of Credit reports that these increased bonus offers are scheduled to end this Thursday, June 29th.
Expiring Friday, June 30th
- 25% more Avianca LifeMiles with transfer bonus
- Hilton Go More Get More + New Amex Platinum Promotion + Amex offer = A little savings and a lot of points: This post combines several deals. The Amex Offers begin expiring 6/30/17. Go More Get More ends August 31st.
- Register now for 10% back on award stays for Hyatt Credit Card holders this summer: Combined with the upcoming change on 6/29 whereby the Hyatt Credit Card will begin offering a 40,000-point sign up bonus in place of 2 free nights anywhere in the world, this might be enough to push me into applying. As I understand, new cardholders are eligible to register for this promotion, and I will probably have a little north of 100K points worth of reservations during this period. The chance to get 10K back on top of the 2 free nights has me seriously considering an application despite my distaste for the new World of Hyatt.
- Hyatt Credit Card changing: better or worse?: As noted above, the sign up bonus is scheduled to change from 2 free nights to 40K points after meeting minimum spend. Each offer has its benefits. For me, the additional 10K+ I stand to gain by signing up for the current bonus may tip my hand, but in this post we looked at several reasons why 40K may be better.
- Amazing Deal (Maybe): 5k SAS miles per cheap Hertz rental: Rentals must be reserved by 6/30/17 for pick up by 9/30/17). I only completed two of these rentals before they increased the minimum rental period to three days in North America. I do have a trip to Europe planned before the end of September, so I may plan another couple of short SAS rentals so that I can have a useful number of miles in my account. I’m setting a reminder on this one.
- Amex Offer: $40 back on $200 at JetBlue: Highly targeted and long disappeared from online accounts, but if you synced it don’t forget to use it.
- One-way car rentals from Florida for $4.95 per day
- First World of Hyatt Promotion – Double Points
- Free Sprint cell service for 1 year: One of the best deals I’ve seen in a long time (aside from the need to use Sprint). In all seriousness, the savings could be massive and there is no contract. If you’re in an area with good Sprint coverage, it might be worth your consideration. (Expires 6/30/17)
- Mystery Bonus at AA Shopping Portal
- New Amex Offer at Adorama: $25 back on $250
- Bloomingdale’s Amex Offer might get even better than advertised: Online offer expires 6/30/17. After using it, you should unlock an in-store only deal that is good until 10/30/17)
- Capital One 360 – $200 Money Market Bonus – Publicly Available (1% APY & Requires $10,000 Deposited): This one comes courtesy of Doctor of Credit, but is getting a nod here because it’s an easy $200 if you have the cash to deposit. According to Doctor of Credit, there is no minimum time the money must remain in the bank — it seems that you can deposit to earn the bonus and withdraw immediately.
|Won’t Last Long|
- Big discounts on Google Express: The promotional value on this Groupon expires on 8/31/17, but the sale for this Groupon will likely end soon.
- Wow – GREAT deal for golfers / diners!: If you travel regularly and like to dine or golf, this is a very good promotion. If you like to both dine and golf, the promo is great. Check out the post for details on how to score free gold and food. Greg doesn’t think this one is worth it to him. However, if you live in one of a select few states, you can get this deal even cheaper.
- Citi AT&T nixes 3X manufactured spend: While we know this has an end-date of July 22nd, I am listing it here in “Won’t Last Long” this week to make sure that readers are aware of these unfortunate changes)
- Easy Amex Referral Links + 7500 Starpoints per referral: The ability to generate these referral links quickly and easily is great. Also great is the referral bonus on the SPG card.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- Bye bye Fairmont card. I hardly knew ya…: Not a signup bonus, but this seemed to fit with the credit card category. As of August 15th, the Fairmont card will be no longer and existing users will be product changed. Read on for more detail. (Expires 8/15/17)
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer, but it is likely to be available for a limited time
- 50K easy American Airlines miles – increased Barclaycard Aviator offer: Another limited-time offer without a clear expiration. With only a single purchase and payment of the annual fee (that is to say no minimum spend amount required), this offer is a great deal. AA really seems to be promoting this offer — it was in the in-flight magazine and on the TV monitors on the plane — leading me to believe that this should be around for at least a month. Still, without knowing for sure I would encourage you to take advantage sooner rather than later if this is of interest.
- 60K American AAdvantage mile offers on both Citibusiness and personal AAdvantage Platinum Select
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Amex Offer: $60 back on $300 or more at Hilton & Curio Collection (Expires 7/30/17)
- Get $30 Off First Ride from Uber & American Express (Expires 7/31/17)
- $20 off Avis rental, no minimum (Reserve by 8/11/17 for travel through 12/31/17)
- Registration open for SPG / Ritz / Marriott Q3 Promotions (Registration closes 8/30/17, stay by 9/4/17)
- Marriott promo: 30% off room & food and beverage in Africa and Middle East (Reserve by 8/31/17, stay by 9/9/17)
- Business Class to Europe under 47K w/ Flying Blue Promo Awards (Expires 8/31/17)
- $50 back on $150 at AirBnB [Targeted Amex Offer]: Great offer if you’ve got it, but highly targeted. (Ends 9/8/17)
- Fast-track to A-list [Targeted?]: Must register before flying and complete travel by 9/30/17.
- More than 5K United miles per rental with Hertz [Targeted] Targeted promo ends 9/9/17, open promo ends 9/30/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Free BJ’s membership for 90 days + $5 off $50: The promotion now says you will have membership through the end of July, so it appears to have been extended.
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- Free Virgin Mobile + Virgin Atlantic / Alaska discounts: Deal or no deal? (Expires 7/31/17)
- Free $10 credit with Amazon Cash (Expires 7/31/17)
- $50 Cash back using Discover with Android Pay [Targeted] (7/31/17)
- New Amex Offer: Spend $200 at AT&T, get 2K Membership Rewards points up to three times (Expires 8/15/17)
- Kick back with 11,500 Membership Rewards points with new (targeted) Amex Offer (Raymour & Flanigan) (Expires 8/22/17)
- Free Hulu ($50 back on $50) with new Amex Offer [targeted] (Register by 8/23/17)
- 2x Membership Rewards (2.5x with Everyday Preferred) at many online merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)
Sorry to repeat a question that may already have been answered: regarding the 5/24 rule, I understand there are specific cards that “don’t count” against your personal total. My request for clarification — if you apply for the current Chase Hyatt offer and are 6/24 prior to applying:
1) will you likely be approved if no other credit issues detract from your app and
2) if approved, will your new count be 7/24 as far as future Chase apps are concerned, or will this approval not raise your number?
Am wishfully thinking that the 5/24-exempt cards don’t add to the 5/24 tally, but that doesn’t really make a lot of sense. What is the consensus on this? Thanks!
The answers to questions #1 and #2 are both yes. The Hyatt card has not been subject to 5/24 for approval, but it will count in your 5/24 total — bumping you to 7/24 in your scenario.
The cards that don’t count towards your 5/24 total are certain business cards and some store cards that can only be used at that store.