|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
LifeMiles has launched an award sale on routes between select cities in the US and Central and South America. The list of eligible routes isn’t particularly extensive, but savings of 30-35% are potentially great to have provided cash tickets also aren’t very low.
- Save 30-35% when redeeming LifeMiles between the US and Central and South America.
- Direct link to offer.
- The period for the redemption of tickets under the promotion is 00:01 (GMT -6) of June 16, 2021 to 23:59 (GMT -6) of June 19, 2021.
- This offer is available at LifeMiles.com, Avianca Sales Offices and Avianca Call Center. If you want to redeem a ticket at an Avianca Sales Offices or Avianca Call Center, charges apply for the emission of the ticket from US$25* to US$80*+ local taxes (round trip) that must be paid at the time of redemption.
- Minimum stay 1 day.
- Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights and/or dates.
- Mileages under this promotion is subject to seat availability in Class X.
- Applies only for tickets on routes operated by Aerovías del Continente Americano S.A. Avianca, Taca International Airlines S.A., Avianca Costa Rica S.A., and/or Avianca-Ecuador S.A. Does not apply for tickets on code share flights with airlines other than those mentioned above.
- Applicable taxes must be paid at the time of redemption.
- No stopover allowed with this offer.
- Applies for a maximum redemption of four (4) tickets per LifeMiles account.
- The mileage shown is applicable in Economy Class and are per leg, on the routes mentioned above.
- Promotion valid between the origin and the destinations specified in this message, which may include connections, and may be redeemed only one way, only return or roundtrip.
Here’s a table showing all the routes that are eligible for this LifeMiles award sale.
These flight discounts are only available from June 16 to November 30, 2020 or August 16 to November 30, 2020 depending on the route – you can find a list of the eligible dates/routes at the bottom of the offer’s landing page.
When doing a search on the LifeMiles website, it might initially look like the award sale isn’t being picked up. For example, when searching for flights from Miami to San Jose, the search results page listed the lowest price as 15,000 miles (the blue banner) which is the standard award pricing.
However, when clicking on a specific date it brought up a weekly view which displayed the award sale pricing which, for this particular route, is 9,750 miles each way.
I haven’t gone in-depth with a bunch of award searches to see how good availability and routings are, but for this particular route and date all flights were pricing out at 9,750 LifeMiles which included a nonstop option.
Saving 35% on this route sounds great, but this particular example isn’t such a great deal despite the mile savings. That’s because paid flights for this route are incredibly cheap. The lowest price of all is $80 on COPA, but that requires one stop. The cheapest nonstop route is on American Airlines and costs $96, while this same flight on Avianca only costs $112.
Considering the award includes $46.56 in taxes and fees, you’d be redeeming 9,750 LifeMiles to save $65.44 which means you’d only be getting 0.67cpp of value from the redemption – about half the value of how much it costs to buy LifeMiles when they go on sale.
I’m sure there are more expensive routes where this sale proves to be much better value; just be sure to check those cash values too.