Hyatt has launched a new promotion called Choose Your Adventure, Choose Your Offer. It’s offering discounts of 10-25% or a free night when staying 2-4 nights at select properties.
If you can find eligible properties for this offer, there are some good savings available from this promotion.
- Hyatt is offering the following types of discount at select properties:
- Complimentary 3rd night with 2 consecutive paid nights
- Complimentary 4th night with 3 consecutive paid nights
- Complimentary 5th night with 4 consecutive paid nights
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer valid for qualifying reservations made between June 14, 2021 and July 31, 2021 at participating hotels for stays with a check-in date between June 15, 2021 and September 30, 2021.
- Offer subject to availability.
- Offer must be booked on Hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt app, via a Hyatt Global Contact Center, via the Hyatt WeChat mini program or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the then-available offer (if any).
- Any limitations or restrictions included in the published offer shall apply.
- This offer is subject to the cancellation policy displayed at time of booking.
- Percent Off Offering: If published offer includes discount off room rate, such discount is off the Standard Rate and applies to room rate only.
- Free Night Offering: If published offer includes a free night, guest must use free night during stay in which it is earned. Free night is only available for consecutive night stays that meet the minimum stay requirement. Consecutive nights at the same hotel are considered one stay even if guest checks out and back in. Guest will forfeit any unused portions of this offer. Free night will be forfeited if you depart early or otherwise do not meet the minimum stay requirements outlined in the published offer. Book the complete stay and the free night will be adjusted at time of booking; no further discounts will be made. The complimentary night is available with each eligible consecutive paid night stay for the requisite amount of time. World of Hyatt® points and night credits will not be awarded for the free night (if applicable).
- Offer not valid at Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Residence Club, Miraval, MGM, UrCove and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations. Rate is per room, per night, based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted and excludes, unless specifically noted, service charges, mandatory resort fees, applicable taxes and other incidental expenses. Discount may reflect Member Rate discount and such discount is available only for World of Hyatt members in good standing at time of booking and stay. Member Rate Discount percent applies to room rate only, and represents a discount off the Standard Rate.
Any time a hotel chain claims to be offering up to 25% off (or 33% on the case of a ‘Stay 2 nights, get 3rd night free’ rate), it’s worth treating it with a healthy dose of skepticism as the reality is generally not as exciting as that.
In this case, Hyatt is offering some genuinely good discounts – if you can find them. That’s because there’s no list of participating properties – you simply have to do a search and see if you come across any properties in the city/state/country you’re searching in. On the positive side, Hyatt does make it somewhat easy to identify if a property is taking part in this promotion. In the search results, keep an eye out for a tag next to a property’s name. If you hover over that tag, you’ll see what kind of offer is available.
That tag doesn’t always indicate that a property is participating in this promotion. Other times it’ll say ‘Special Member Offer’. These properties are offering some kind of discounted member rate(s), but they’re not part of this particular promo.
Greg stayed at Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort (see his review here) earlier this year and booked that stay during a somewhat similar ‘Stay 2 nights, get 3rd night free’ promotion. The property is taking part in this new promotion too (although this time it’s ‘Stay 3 nights, get 4th night free’) and the special rate is by far the lowest available.
The key to getting the best value from these ‘Stay x nights, get x night free’ rates is to stay in specific increments based on the rate requirements. In the example above, that search result was for an 8 day period from August 7-15 which meant both the 4th and 8th nights were free.
Look what happens though if you reduce that stay by only one night – the average nightly price increases to $339 per night because only the 4th night will be free.
Your cost for an 8 night stay would be the same as a 7 night stay, so it’s worth booking that extra night even if you don’t want to stay that long. You won’t earn an extra elite night credit for that 8th night (or the 4th night for that matter) because free nights from this type of rate don’t count for elite night credits, but it does mean you’d have flexibility with what time you leave on the 7th day, especially if you don’t have Globalist status and so can’t get a 4pm late checkout. My wife and I did something similar recently by taking advantage of IHG’s 4th night free benefit on award stays for Premier cardholders. We only needed to stay three nights but booked that 4th night nonetheless because it meant we could stay and work until 8pm rather than having to check out at midday.
When it comes to other hotels and other types of rates, every single time a property was participating in this promotion, the promo rate was the lowest one available. Here are half a dozen examples, with varying degrees of savings available. With the discounts being based on the Standard Rate, the actual savings are lower than listed seeing as Member Rates are always cheaper than Standard Rates as it is.
Hyatt Regency Greenville, SC
Tempe Mission Palms, AZ
Hyatt Regency Phoenix, AZ
Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, VA
Hyatt Place Virginia Beach Town Center, VA
Hyatt Regency Bethesda, MD
Something else to keep an eye on is the cancellation policy for these promotional rates as they’re more restrictive than regular refundable rates. When hotels are offering a straight discount off the Standard Rate, there seems to be a 72 hour cancellation policy (as seen in the screenshots above).
The cancellation policies for the ‘Stay x nights, get x night free’ rates appear to be even more restrictive. Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort requires cancellation 30 days before your stay, while the Hyatt Regency Greenville is non-refundable. The savings could be worth the risk, but definitely pay attention to those cancellation terms before making a reservation.