|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
An Amex Offer is out once again for Marriott Homes & Villas that could score you $250 back on a vacation rental stay. Keep in mind that these rentals earn elite nights and Marriott Bonvoy points — potentially quite a lot of points if you stack this with the Amex Offer.
- A new Amex Offer is out for $250 back when you spend $1,000 or more in one or more transactions with Homes & Villas by Marriott International at homesandvillasbymarriott.com. Enrollment required.
Terms and Conditions
- Expires 9/30/23
- Offer valid at participating Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy properties in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
- Reservations for Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy® properties must be made online at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands. Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Cancellation fees apply and may vary by property. See individual properties for details.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $1,000 USD as posted to your account.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification). Offer is non-transferable.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
Marriott Home and Villas is the company’s foray into the world of vacation rentals. When renting through the platform you earn 5x base points and your regular elite bonus on the spend. If you sync this offer to a Marriott card, that $1,000 stay would cost a net $750 and earn the following:
- 5,000 base points
- 2,500 bonus points if you have Platinum status
- 6,000 points by spending $1K at Marriott with your Marriott card
That certainly isn’t mattress run worthy, but considering your net $750 cost after Amex Offer, it makes for a decent return. Keep in mind also that you could start out clicking through a shopping portal and earn another ~3% back based on today’s rates.
Overall, this is a nice little Amex Offer for those already considering a vacation rental. I browsed rentals a couple of months ago for a trip I was planning and while some Marriott properties appeared to be unreasonably priced, others were somewhat competitive. Just be sure to shop around because the same property is sometimes also listed on Airbnb and/or Vrbo and prices can vary widely.