Marriott Homes & Villas – its Airbnb/VRBO-esque service – is offering 21,000 bonus points if you spend $2,100 by the end of September.
- Earn 21,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points when spending $2,100+ on Homes & Villas stays.
- Direct link to offer.
- Must book & stay by September 30, 2021.
- $2,100 spend requirement includes taxes and fees.
Earning 21,000 bonus points means you’re effectively earning 10x bonus points per dollar if spending exactly $2,100. What’s nice about this offer is that the $2,100 includes taxes and fees, so the base cost can be lower than that in order to earn the bonus points.
21,000 bonus points doesn’t make a Homes & Villas stay worth booking in and of itself, but there are some other earning and saving opportunities that can make this even better. For starters, you can earn 10x points by paying with a Marriott card thanks to this separate promotion.
You’ll then earn 5x Bonvoy points per dollar as standard for the stay, along with any multiplier on that 5x figure depending on what your Marriott status level is. Gold members will then earn 500 bonus points at check-in as their Elite Welcome Gift, while members with Platinum, Titanium or Ambassador status will earn 1,000 bonus points.
You can also click through to Homes & Villas from a shopping portal to earn ~3% cashback – here are the current rates.
There’s also going to be a Homes & Villas Amex Offer launched on Friday which can help you save even more. That’ll offer a $200 statement credit; it’s not known at the moment how much you’ll need to spend to get that statement credit, but I can’t imagine it’d be more than the $2,100 spend required for this 21,000 bonus points offer.
Just to give an idea of how well this could all work out, let’s say you have Platinum status with Marriott and miraculously find a property costing exactly $2,100 with taxes and fees. That cost would be reduced to $1,900 with the Amex Offer and you’d earn the following points:
- 21,000 bonus points from this promotion
- 21,000 bonus points from the 10x promotion by paying with a Marriott card (hopefully Marriott Amex cards will be targeted with the Amex Offer)
- ~10,000 points from the 5x base points (5x is only earned before taxes and fees)
- ~5,000 bonus points from having Platinum status
- Total = ~57,000 Marriott Bonvoy points
Those points are worth at least $350 based on the Reasonable Redemption Value, but you can get significantly more value than that depending on the redemption. You’ll also earn ~$60 cashback from a shopping portal if earning 3%, along with elite night credits towards earning or requalifying for status with Marriott.