|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
In addition to selling instant gift cards, United’s MileagePlus X (MPX) app runs a few other programs.
One of those is United Visa Rewards which offers bonus miles when paying with a Chase United card at participating retailers and partners. That program launched a new promotion today which is offering up to 2,000 bonus miles in addition to the bonus miles you’d earn already.
- The MileagePlus X app is offering the following bonuses as part of United Visa Rewards:
- Complete 1 offer & earn 200 bonus miles
- Complete 2 offers & earn 300 bonus miles
- Complete 3 offers & earn 500 miles
- Complete 4 offers & earn 1,000 miles
- Direct link to MileagePlus X app.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must be a United Chase Visa Cardmember during the promotion period April 22, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
- Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
- You will qualify for and receive bonus miles if you are enrolled in the United Visa Rewards program via the MileagePlus X app and complete at least one offer.
- To complete an offer, you must first view the offer in the MileagePlus X app and then make a purchase with your linked credit card per the terms of the offer. Offers can be viewed in the MileagePlus X app after enrollment.
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date between April 22, 2020 and May 31, 2020 are eligible for this offer.
- Please allow 6–8 weeks after the United Visa Rewards holiday promotion ends on May 31, 2020 for bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus account.
- Bonus Miles will post directly to your MileagePlus account and will not appear on your credit card statement.
- (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer.
- This promotional offer is nontransferable and applies only to the account in receipt of this email.
While 2,000 United miles isn’t worth a huge amount, it might be easy to pick up at least some of these bonus miles between now and the end of May. Note that the bonuses you earn are cumulative, so if you complete two offers then you’ll earn a total of 500 bonus miles, if you complete three you’ll earn a total of 1,000 bonus miles and completing all four will earn you 2,000.
If you’re targeted for this offer, open the MPX app and tap United Visa Rewards:
On the next screen, scroll down all the way to the bottom to activate all the offers. You don’t have to tap on any of those offers – simply viewing their summary in the app links them to your United card.
Several of the offers could be useful in the coming weeks depending on your spending plans. The retailers might be targeted based on your location, but here’s a list of what’s showing for me:
- Chili’s – earn 5x miles per dollar
- Radisson Hotels – earn 25x miles per dollar (see this post for more)
- Costco: New Membership – earn 12 miles per dollar
- Dropbox – earn 12x miles per dollar on $119+ plan
- Sephora – earn 5x miles per dollar
- HSN – earn 5x miles per dollar
- 24S – earn 5x miles per dollar
- SwimOutlet.com – earn 250 miles on $25+ spend
- YogaOutlet.com – earn 250 miles on $25+ spend
The Costco membership deal in particular could be useful seeing as a $60 membership will earn you a total of 920 miles ($60 * 12 + 200 bonus). Sephora is also running a large sale at the moment, so earning 5x per dollar in addition to 200+ bonus miles is a decent stacking opportunity as United Visa Rewards will combine with earnings from a shopping portal.
Quite a few of the offers listed above state that they’re expiring today (April 22). I’m not sure if they’ll be getting extended or if new offers will take their place, but it’d be worth checking your list today just in case you only have until the end of the day to earn bonus miles with those particular retailers.