|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Mileage Plus X app is offering a card-linked offer to earn 25 United Mileage Plus miles per dollar spent on Radisson hotels on up to $300 spent. This expires on 9/30, so it looks like you could either use it for a stay before 9/30 OR I think you could book an advance purchase rate for arrival any time through the end of schedule — which is through *2022* and earn this return. That could be a great deal.
- The United Mileage Plus X app is offering 25 miles per dollar spent at Radisson hotels on-property or online by 9/30
- Must use registered United Chase Visa Card.
- Valid in-store (on-property) and online at RadissonHotels.com.
- Expires 9/30/20.
This is a nice offer if it works out for you. I think it could even stack with a shopping portal for an even better return.
For those unfamiliar, Mileage Plus X is a United Airlines app that lets you earn bonus miles for various types of purchases. Most of those who have used the app have likely used it to buy gift cards and earn United miles (this can be handy when you’re in the checkout line looking to make an in-person purchase since you can often buy a gift card for the exact dollar amount you’ll spend and earn some bonus miles). However, this is rather a card-linked offer. Since it is a card-linked offer, it should work both on-property and online.
The MPX app offers card-linked offers for Chase United Visa credit card holders. To activate these offers, you just need to look at them in the app. There is no need to manually sync them as long as you have your Chase United Visa linked to your MPX account (and you should since you earn 25% bonus miles on those gift card purchases by having a Chase United card linked). You’ll just have to click where it says United Visa Rewards.
If it’s your first time using this feature of the MPX app, it will take you through a brief tutorial explaining how these work.
Then as the offers load on your screen, you’ll see that they are loading:
Once you can see the offer, it is synced to your account (see the screen shot at the top of the Radisson offer).
That means there are two ways to use this Radisson offer:
- Pay for a stay on-property by 9/30/20. This means you could book any rate for stays before 9/30 — including those that are fully flexible (so you can cancel if it remains inadvisable to travel) and you’ll earn 25x after your stay assuming you are able to travel at that time.
- Pay for a stay online (advance purchase rate). Since this offer expires 9/30, I would expect any stay paid for by 9/30 would qualify — even one booked for a stay well into 2021 or 2022 as Radisson allows you to book two years in advance. This is how I may consider using it since I should be able to book summer 2021 travel by 9/30.
Personally, while I am hopeful that life will return to normal by the end of September, I am not yet confident that it will. I will keep this offer in mind if life does return to normal and I need a hotel booking before 9/30.
On the other hand, while I rarely ever consider advance purchase rates since I highly value flexibility, 25x United miles might be enough to get me to consider booking an advance purchase rate for far future travel. Since this offer expires 9/30, I’ll probably wait until September to see what the situation looks like at that time and then book a summer 2021 or maybe summer 2022 stay.
Since it is a card-linked offer that looks like it works when booking directly at RadissonHotels.com, I think you should be able to click through a shopping portal to earn a little more return on top. At the time of writing, it looks like TopCashBack offers 9% back on stays within the US, though as I said I will likely hold out for now and check shopping portal rates when I decide to book.
H/T: Award Travel 101