Last year Choice Privileges launched a new feature of their program called Sweet Spot Rewards. These work in a (sort of) similar way to how IHG’s PointBreaks used to work in that it’s a shortlist of properties that are bookable for a discount on their normal award pricing.
I’ve found their Sweet Spot Rewards feature very interesting because it not only provides some great value in some cases, but it’s also done a great job of highlighting a bunch of properties that look surprisingly nice to stay at.
There’s a new list of Sweet Spot Rewards properties that are now bookable for the next 2.5 months and once again there are some great options on here.
- Book discounted award nights at select Choice Privileges properties.
- Direct link to offer.
- These properties feature reduced Choice Privileges Rewards free nights points redemption levels for the period 2/1/2023 through 4/15/2023.
- Reward nights worldwide are available from 6,000 to 35,000 points (excluding Asia-Pac, where reward nights require up to 100,000 points).
- You may find the reward level for any participating hotel at choiceprivileges.com or by calling the Reservation Program Line.
- Rooms available at these point levels are limited and Choice may change the reward levels or the level of any hotel at any time without notice.
All the different iterations of Choice Sweet Spot Rewards have had some great looking properties in decent locations available so far and that theme continues with this latest set. One that caught my eye is the Quality Inn Near Grand Canyon in Williams, AZ. Hotels in Williams and Flagstaff tend to be fairly expensive, so being able to book this property for only 10,000 points per night (down from 12,000 per night) is a decent deal, especially considering it has good reviews.
Another one that caught my eye is the Comfort Inn & Suites Niagara Falls Blvd. This is on the US side of Niagara Falls and isn’t exactly close by. However, if you’re trying to do Niagara on a budget, redeeming only 8,000 Choice points per night and getting a junior suite at a property rated 4.5/5 by guests is a strong deal.
From what I can remember, all the past Sweet Spot Rewards properties have been in the US, but there are some overseas entries in this latest one:
- Quality Hotel Vienna, Austria
- The Hardiman, Ascend Hotel Collection in Galway, Ireland
- Halifax Tower Hotel & Conference Centre, Ascend Hotel Collection in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Quality Inn Centre-Ville in Montreal, Canada
One final property I thought was worth highlighting is the Ridgeline Hotel At Yellowstone, Ascend Hotel Collection, bookable for 20,000 points per night with this award sale. While guests have rated this as only 3.8/5, one of the room options is a one room suite with two queens beds and a kitchenette. Some hotels play fast and loose with their definition of kitchenette, but the one at this property has a full-sized fridge-freezer, stove top and microwave which could be very useful for a family wanting to save money on eating out.
Remember that Citi Premier and Prestige cardholders can transfer ThankYou points to Choice on a 1:2 basis. That means the Comfort Suites near Niagara Falls would only require 4,000 ThankYou points per night, the Quality Inn near Grand Canyon 5,000 ThankYou points per night and this hotel near Yellowstone 10,000 ThankYou points per night.
Friends don’t let friends stay at the Comfort Inn Niagra Falls. The rooms are disgusting
Some good stuff here! The one I was really interested in is the Halifax. NS, Canada property. However, after locating it on the map, it’s out of the city a bit. Still looks great, but I have been to Halifax many times and the things I enjoy are within walking distance of the downtown hotels. Of course, a rental car would work too.
The Quality Inn Montreal on that list is right in the city and actually not bad. Only stayed once but clean and basic.