Last month, I hadn’t taken notice when Mastercard announced special promotions for New York City restaurant week as well as New York City hotels and attractions, but Bethany Walsh at Bougie Miles points out that the restaurant week to go promotions have been extended through February 28, 2021 and the statement credits for activities and hotels have been extended to March 31, 2021, so if you live in or are planning to visit New York City by the end of this month and you have any Mastercards, you don’t want to miss this deal.
- Mastercard is offering a promotion good for $10 back on $20 or more at select restaurants participating in New York City Restaurant Week To Go through February 28, 2021 and $10 back on every $20 spent on attractions, museums, shopping and more at select locations and $25 back on every $100 spent on hotels up to $100 back on an individual Mastercard credit or debit card through March 31, 2021 or while supplies last (you must register the card prior to qualifying purchases)
- Direct link to register your Mastercard
- In order to get the statement credit, you must first register your eligible Mastercard at: MCAllinNYC.com.
- You must register your card prior to paying for an eligible purchase with your Mastercard (at a participating merchant) in order to receive any statement credit for either program. Some cards may be ineligible to register.
- If you have previously registered for All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways, you are already enrolled in NYC Restaurant Week To Go. If you have enrolled in NYC Restaurant Week To Go, you are also registered for All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
- Pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein and subject to any exceptions, now through March 31, 2021 (or while supplies last), you may be eligible for one of the below statement credits:
- Spend $20 or more in a single transaction on your registered Mastercard® credit or debit card at participating restaurants, tours, retailers, attractions, museums, cultural institutions, sports and wellness facilities and others (excluding hotels) and receive a $10 statement credit; or
- Spend $100 or more in a single transaction on your registered Mastercard credit or debit card at participating hotels and receive a $25 statement credit on your registered Mastercard account.
- Statement credits should show within approximately five (5) business days of the date of qualifying purchase. This promotion may end prior to March 31, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein or at NYC & Company and Mastercard’s discretion.
- For hotels participating in All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways, any transactions made within a hotel property may be regarded as a hotel transaction and may be subject to the $100 transaction minimum to be eligible for a statement credit.
- Statement credit availability is determined at time of transaction and not at point of reservation being made. For hotel stays, it is possible that statement credit supply may expire between the time your reservation is made and the time it is paid for, usually on the checkout day of your stay.
- Unless otherwise indicated, All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways offer is only available at participating merchants via direct, in-store purchases. Online transactions may not be eligible unless made at participating merchants specifically indicated as such on the merchant listing on nycgo.com/ng. For full program terms, please visit nycgo.com/ng-terms. Offers will vary. Please visit nycgo.com/neighborhood-getaways for further details on each individual offer.
- Registered Mastercard Cardholders for NYC Restaurant Week To Go: Starting on January 25, 2021, through February 28, 2021, or while supplies last, the $20.21 amount spent on NYC Restaurant Week To Go qualifies for the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways statement credit; therefore when you spend $20.21 (or more) for the NYC Restaurant Week To Go meal(s) in a single transaction on your registered Mastercard® credit or debit card at participating restaurants, you will receive the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways statement credit ($10 statement credit for spending $20 or more on a per transaction basis) on your registered Mastercard account (within approximately 5 business days of the date of qualifying purchase). The promotion may end early, subject to NYC & Company and Mastercard’s discretion.
- NYC Restaurant Week To Go is available for participating restaurants with delivery and take out options through the individual restaurant’s website and/or through Seamless, Grubhub or Tock (please see individual restaurants for options). For a list of participating restaurants please go to nycgo.com/rw.
- The promotion is not available for dine-in at all participating restaurants, so please check with each restaurant beforehand.
- Promotion may not be available for Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2021.
- Exceptions may apply to each of the above programs (All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways or NYC Restaurant Week To Go) and are at NYC & Company’s sole discretion.
- The credits received for All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways on an individual Mastercard cannot exceed $100. Cardholders may receive up to $100 total in statement credits for the duration of the promotion when eligible.
- NYC Restaurant Week To Go is a part of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways. Any credits redeemed for the NYC Restaurant Week To Go will count towards the max $100 credit limit for All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways; credits redeemed for All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways will count towards the same max $100 limit as NYC Restaurant Week To Go.
- This offer is available for purchases made using a valid Mastercard issued by financial institutions in the USA.
- For transactions on debit cards to be eligible, these must be processed as signature and not PIN transactions.
The deals here are excellent if you live in or will be visiting New York City. This year, you can get takeout from participating restaurant week restaurants for $20.21 and get $10 back on each order of $20.21 or more at select restaurants. That will drop your net cost to $10.10. For a takeout meal from a proper restaurant in New York City, that is fantastic. As you can get up to $100 back, you could repeat that 10 times. Since you register your individual card, it is possible that this might work for each Mastercard in your collection. Note that many of the restaurants are also available via GrubHub.
There are further offers for $10 back on every $20 spent on attractions, museums, and shopping in some cases. There is also an offer for $25 back on $100 spent at select hotels. For hotels, keep in mind that you’ll generally need to be making payment directly with the hotel in-person. Bookings via third parties like Expedia, Priceline, etc won’t work and rates prepaid online likely won’t work unless explicitly included somewhere on the promo pages.
This could make for a really notable deal if you’re able to stack using it on a few cards, but it could still be pretty strong with even one Mastercard. Getting $25 back on your hotel and $10 off each on a couple of museums and meals could easily add up to a nice savings over the course of night in the city for those will be there.
H/T: Bougie Miles