The Pillars Hotel, located in Fort Lauderdale Florida, is a SLH (Small Luxury Hotels of the World) property which is bookable through Hyatt with points or cash. When booking an SLH property through Hyatt, your room rate includes the following:
- Complimentary wifi
- Daily complimentary continental breakfast
- Room Upgrade (one category at check-in, if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00PM, based upon availability at check-in)
Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale Bottom Line Review
My wife and I stayed here for only one night, but we’re eager to return. We liked everything about this hotel.
- Price: 20,000 Hyatt points per night (vs. about $380 per night at the time)
- Value: Good. In my opinion, this boutique hotel is worth the price.
- Location: Very good. This boutique hotel is on the west side of the island of Fort Lauderdale beach right near the Ritz Carlton. The hotel has beautiful views of the Intracoastal Waterway from the property, but if you want a beach view you’ll have to stay elsewhere. That said, this section of the island is very narrow and so it is a very short walk across the island to the beach (Google Maps says that the walk is only 0.1 miles). This hotel is also conveniently close to the Fort Lauderdale airport (FLL).
- Breakfast: Good. If memory serves, the included breakfast options were a full American breakfast, a healthy breakfast, or… something else (memory fails me here). There is a mandatory 18% tip based on the retail breakfast price. I actually like that because I always find it confusing with free breakfasts whether tip is expected or not.
- Room: Very good. Our room was big and beautiful, and the bed was comfortable. There were two downsides to the room: we did not have a direct water view (I believe this is true for most rooms here), and the bathroom was laughably small (but still somehow very functional).
- Parking: Free self parking.
- Service: Awesome. The staff were uniformly attentive, cheerful, and eager to help.
- Turndown service: Good. We found cool little chocolate coins in our room.
- Welcome drinks: Upon check in we learned that guests are entitled to free welcome drinks at the bar.
- Restaurant: The hotel has a very nice restaurant with tables lined up along the waterway. We enjoyed an excellent dinner there.
- Hyatt Benefits: Good. The free breakfast was automatic and they offered more than the required continental breakfast (my wife and I each ordered full American breakfasts). On the other hand, they said that no room upgrades were available despite the fact that we were there at a very slow time for the hotel.
- Would I stay again? Definitely.