|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Point debit card is back with another round of spending offers, giving 20x points (AKA 20% cashback) for American Airlines, Delta, United, Southwest and JetBlue.
- Earn 20x points on the Point debit card when spending with the following airlines:
- American Airlines
(Terms are the same for each of the airlines)
- Expires April 10, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Offer valid on bookings placed online on airlines website or through their iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Excludes physical & electronic gift cards.
- Not valid on purchases made through third-party retailers, websites, or mobile applications.
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases per month during this offer period.
- Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after charges appear on your Point billing statement.
Earning 20% cashback on airfare purchases with these five airlines is an excellent return, especially seeing as you can earn it with each of the five airlines if you want.
The limit of 5,000 points means that this 20x rate is good on up to $250 spend per airline. This needs to be spent by April 10, but that short timeframe needn’t be an issue. For example, you could book a prospective Southwest flight costing up to $250 to lock in the 20% cashback for that airline. If you no longer need that flight, you can cancel it and get travel funds that’ll last 12 months. This option is therefore only worth doing if you’re sure you’ll be able to redeem those travel funds within the next year.
Another option might be to buy gift cards, but this is a riskier option. For example, when there’s a Delta Amex Offer you can buy a gift card from this link on desktop (not mobile) to lock in the statement credit. Those Delta Amex Offers have a gift card exclusion too, so I suspect that gift card method will work with this Point spending offer for Delta at least. Having said that, you won’t know for up to a month if you’ll actually receive those bonus points.
Speaking of which, note that when making up to $250 in purchases with each of these airlines you’ll initially only earn 1x (i.e. 1% cashback). The remaining 19x gets credited within 30 days, so don’t worry if you only see 1x points when booking airfare with these airlines and paying with your Point debit card.