|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A new Qantas Amex Offer appeared today which can save you $200 on paid flights Down Under or awards that have high taxes and fees.
- Spend $1,500 in one or more purchases for Qantas Airways operated flights booked online & get $200 back with an Amex Offer.
- Expires May 17, 2022.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Qantas Airways only through US website qantas.com/us or US mobile app.
- Flights must originate in US.
- Purchases must be made in US dollars.
- Not valid for purchases by phone, at terminals, lounges, or on-board flights.
- Purchases such as additional baggage and seat selection fees are included if purchased with initial booking and appears on the same receipt as the flight.
- Excludes (i) all purchases with third parties, affiliates, partners, (ii) travel insurance, car rentals, hotels, airport transfers, tours, activities, (iii) gift vouchers, vacation purchases, merchandise, (iv) Bid Now Upgrades, The Qantas Club membership & lounge access fees, and purchases made via the Points Plus Pay program.
Australia went from having one of the most restrictive visitation policies due to COVID (i.e. you couldn’t visit) to being much more open about having foreign visitors. Now that the country is easier to visit again, this Qantas Amex Offer might be of interest.
If you get lucky and find airfare for exactly $1,500, getting $200 back means you’d be saving 13.33%. In reality, your savings will be less as you’ll likely end up spending more than $1,500 in one way or another.
Points Plus Pay bookings are excluded, but it looks like paying taxes and fees for award flights would be eligible provided your flights originate in the US, are on Qantas metal and total $1,500 or more.