|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Qatar Airways has quite a bit of open Business Class availability to destinations across the Middle East, Asia and Africa (including the Maldives) from a plethora of US airports between May-June 2023. When availability drops on these routes (usually towards the end of the booking window), it tends to sell out fast, especially to high-demand redemption destinations like the Maldives.
Most of the non-stops to Doha that I found are from East-Coast cities (IAD, BOS, PHL, JFK) with quite a few flights from Chicago – DOH as well. These options widen dramatically across the US if you don’t mind a 2-stop trip with a positioning flight to one of the aforementioned East Coast gateways. For once, AA seems to have quite a bit of domestic first class availability on those connecting flights as well.
I also was able to find 2-stop itineraries from many smaller, regional airports (again, connnecting through the East Coast).
There is quite a bit of 2-4 passenger availability and it’s bookable for 70,000 AAdvantage Miles. I was able to find decent options to the Seychelles, Jordan, South Africa and India. It seems that much of Qatar’s route map beyond Doha is fair game.
- Fly Qatar Airways Qsuites from the multiple US Airports to the Middle East, India and Southern Asia (including the Maldives) for 70,000 AAdvantage Miles one-way from May to the end of the booking window in June (May has the most dates). Fly to Africa for 75,000 AAdvantage Miles.
- Best one-stop availability is from IAD, BOS, PHL, JFK and ORD.
- Spotty one-stop and decent two-stop availability from ORD, ATL, MIA, IAH, DFW, SEA, LAX and SFO as well as many regional airports.
Ways to Book
The AA and Alaska monthly calendars are the easiest way to find dates
- AAdvantage – Business class is 70,000 miles each way (use portal+aa.com) to the Middle East, India and Southern Asia; 75,000 to Africa.
- Avios (Qatar/BA) – Business class is 70,000 Avios from the East Coast to Doha, 85,000 if going beyond to India, Africa or the Maldives (use portal+britishairways.com or qatarairways.com). American Express, Chase and Capital One are all British Airways, while Citi transfers to Qatar Airways. Through end of this month there’s actually a 30% transfer bonus from Chase to British Airways. Avios can be transferred from BA to Qatar, but it can be a bit of a process to set up initially (see how here).
- Alaska Air – Business is 85,000 miles each way (use portal+alaskaair.com) – NOTE: Unusually, Alaska seemed to not have quite the availability that AA had on the dates that I compared.
Qsuites are hands-down one of the best business class products in the world. They have a self-contained suite with doors that feels more like a first class cabin. While it can be easier to find availability from the US to Doha, it’s much more uncommon to find Qatar business class all the way through to Qatar connection destinations. To the Maldives, for instance, it’s almost always the DOH-MLE leg that is the first lose availability (same with Capetown). This availability most likely won’t last long, so book if you find dates that work for you.