|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Chase has launched a couple of new transfer bonus today. The first is giving a 30% bonus when transferring Ultimate Rewards to your British Airways Avios account.
- Get a 30% bonus when transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards to British Airways Avios.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires July 31, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
American Express recently offered a 40% bonus when transferring to Avios. That offer has now ended, so if you missed out on that promotion then it’s great that you get another opportunity to transfer to Avios on a better than 1:1 ratio.
As always, we wouldn’t recommend transferring speculatively, especially seeing as this transfer bonus will be around for the next two months.
Best Uses British Airways Avios
- Business class to Europe from 34K one-way via Iberia. This is probably my favorite Avios redemption and have one booked this year already. Iberia charges as few as 34K miles off-peak for one-way in business class on its own flights from New York, Boston, Chicago, or DC to Madrid during off-peak season. The fuel surcharges are quite reasonable and they also run seasonal promotions (usually during the Winter) where the prices drop down even further.
- Business class South America from 22K one-way via British Airways. I've used this once and availability can be tricky to find. But when you can find it, BA has excellent pricing for shorter distance non-stop American Airlines award flights.
- Long Haul Business Class on Qatar Airways. After Qatar's addition to Avios, BA lowered many of their award prices on Qatar. It's now possible to travel between the United States and Doha in business for only 70,000 Avios with minimal surcharges.
Things to Know British Airways Avios
- Avios Purchases are processed by Points.com and DO NOT count as airfare.
- Avios can be easily transferred between Aer Lingus, Iberia and British Airways
- Avios expire after 36 months of no activity
- British Airways has near-extortionate fuel surcharges when flying on BA metal. It's best to keep Avios for use with partners or the Iberia Plus