|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Singapore Airlines has launched a new bonus that offers up to 15% extra KrisFlyer miles when transferring bank points to your account.
- Get a 12-15% bonus when transferring bank points to your Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer account.
- 12% bonus – transfer 10,000-49,999 points
- 15% bonus – transfer 50,000+ points
- Direct link to offer.
- These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) govern the campaign (“Campaign”), organised by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”), enables KrisFlyer members to earn up to 20% bonus KrisFlyer miles (“Bonus KrisFlyer miles”) and Kris+ users to earn 15% bonus KrisPay miles (“Bonus KrisPay miles”) when they convert their bank reward points (“Bank Reward Points”) with any participating bank to KrisFlyer miles (“Base KrisFlyer miles”) or KrisPay miles (“Base KrisPay miles”), respectively as prescribed by SIA from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion. This Campaign commences on 26 October 2021, 0000hrs (GMT+8) and ends 22 November 2021, 2359hrs (GMT+8) (“Campaign Period”).
- A KrisFlyer member will earn Bonus KrisFlyer miles if he or she converts his or her Bank Reward Points from a participating bank into at least 10,000 Base KrisFlyer miles in a single transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”).
- There is no maximum number of Bonus KrisFlyer miles that a KrisFlyer member can earn by participating in this Campaign.
- The Bonus KrisFlyer miles will be calculated on a per Qualifying Transaction basis and not on the cumulative sum of Base KrisFlyer miles converted during the Campaign Period.
- Converted Base KrisFlyer miles and Bonus KrisFlyer miles will be credited to a KrisFlyer member’s KrisFlyer account as per the applicable participating bank’s conversion timeframes specified in such bank’s terms and conditions.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles awarded under the Qualifying Transactions, via the Campaign will be eligible for the accrual of status credits (PPS Value or Elite miles as applicable) under the KrisFlyer “Unlock Status Credits without Flying” campaign, which can be found here and subject to the campaign’s terms and conditions as set out therein. Notwithstanding anything contained in the aforementioned campaign’s terms and conditions to the contrary, the status credits (PPS Value or Elite miles as applicable) awarded under the KrisFlyer “Unlock Status Credits without Flying” campaign via this Campaign will be credited into the recipient’s KrisFlyer account in accordance with the following table:
- Earned on the Base KrisFlyer miles converted – 7 (seven) working days after the Base KrisFlyer miles have been credited for the qualifying conversion transaction
- Earned on the Bonus KrisFlyer miles – 3 weeks after the end of the campaign i.e. by 14 December 2021 or such other date as SIA may prescribe from time to time
This transfer bonus is on the Singapore Airlines side, so you won’t see it when logging in to your transferable currency account. The landing page for this offer has a long list of eligible banks worldwide for this promotion, with the pertinent ones for US residents being the following:
- American Express
- Capital One
Note that this is a two-tiered transfer bonus. You’ll earn 12% bonus miles if transferring 10,000-49,999 points to your KrisFlyer account or 15% if transferring 50,000+ points. That’s calculated on a per-transaction basis, so if you transferred 25,000 points from Chase and 25,000 from Citi, you’d only earn a 12% bonus, but transferring 50,000 from one or the other would earn a 15% bonus.
What’s even better is that this promotion stacks nicely with their offer that awards status with Singapore Airlines when transferring in points. To earn Silver or Gold status with that promotion, you need to transfer in 125,000 or 250,000 miles respectively. The great thing is that the bonus miles you earn from this transfer bonus count towards those thresholds. That means you only need to transfer in 109,000 points for Silver status or 218,000 points for Gold status.
Award Wallet also reports today that there’s great First Class award availability on Singapore Airlines right now, so this transfer bonus can reduce how many points you need to transfer in order to book those flights.