Note: This offer is expired. For the current best offer, see this link.
American Express is currently running an increased offer on their SPG Personal card along with a few others.
Earn 30,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2X Starpoints at SPG properties.
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- Free in-room premium internet.
- Receive 5 nights and 2 stays credit per year.
In addition to the SPG 30K offer, some other increased offers are still available. Among them are:
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card – Get 15,000 Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 3 months.
- Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card – Get 30,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 3 months.
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold – Get up to 65,000 points – Earn 40K after $2K spend in 3 months + 25K after 2K spend in 2nd year.
How to Find the Offers
To find the SPG 30K & other offers,
visit this link on the American Express website. The offers may or may not show up depending on whether or not you are targeted.
HT: @IadIsGr8 on Twitter via Reddit
AMEX is clawing back 60,000 of my SPG points during my first month of spending on two new SPG cards. They are using an unexplainable financial review to prevent me from spending or receiving sign up points. I have an 800+ fico score and have never made a late payment. Clearly this is an excuse to prevent MS and a clawback. Any ideas on what to do to get them to do what they advertised? I know that they can get away with it based on the “we can do anything for any reason” language in their agreements. Don’t need a moral judgement on whether they are being friendly or if MS is evil. Just looking for some ideas.