American Express is targeting some Delta credit cardholders with Amex Offers awarding bonus SkyMiles when hitting spending thresholds.
- Earn bonus SkyMiles when meeting spending thresholds on Delta Amex credit cards with targeted Amex Offers. Some examples of offers include:
- Spend $500 & earn 1,000 bonus SkyMiles, up to 3 times
- Spend $25,000 & earn 10,000 bonus SkyMiles, up to 3 times
- Spend $50,000 & earn 15,000 bonus SkyMiles, up to 3 times
- Expires October 31, 2021.
- Spending requirement valid in one or more transactions.
This is quite the range of spending offers, ranging from only $500 of spend required up to $50,000. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were various other spending thresholds too, so check your Amex Offers if you have one or more Delta cards.
The bonus miles on offer aren’t too exciting in terms of encouraging you to put spend on your Delta cards. The $500/1,000 SkyMiles is the best offer of the three shown above in terms of earnings per dollar, but you’re also limited to 3,000 total bonus SkyMiles with that offer.
Earning 10,000 or 15,000 bonus SkyMiles when spending $25,000 or $50,000 respectively isn’t a great incentive to move large amounts of spend to your Delta cards, but could be a very nice bonus if that was already your plan. Seeing as you can spend your way to Delta elite status, earning additional SkyMiles on spend you were already going to make is a nice little bonus.
Thanks to Hilario and David in the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group for a couple of these screenshots.