|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards has launched a new promotion that’s valid for stays over the next few months and which will earn you 5,500 bonus points when staying twice during the promotion period.
- Earn 5,500 bonus points when staying twice at Wyndham Rewards properties.
- Direct link to registration.
- To qualify for this offer to receive 5,500 Wyndham Rewards bonus points (“Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member must: (i) register for the Offer by completing the registration process on wyndhamrewards.com, wyndhamhotels.com or any of the official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, or through the “My Promotions” section of his or her Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamrewards.com or the Wyndham Rewards mobile app, in each case, between February 21, 2020 and April 26, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”); (ii) during the Promotion Period, book two separate (2) Qualified Stays at Participating Hotels on wyndhamrewards.com, wyndhamhotels.com, any of the official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, the Wyndham Rewards mobile app, or via the official toll free reservation number of Wyndham Rewards or any of the participating Hotel Chains, or directly with a Participating Hotel; and (iii) begin each such Qualified Stay no earlier than February 21, 2020 and complete it no later than May 21, 2020 (each, an “Offer Qualifying Stay”).
- For clarity, Members must register for the Offer before completing their first Offer Qualifying Stay in order to qualify for the Bonus (as defined below). An Offer Qualifying Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same property, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Offer Terms, if a Member number is associated with more than one (1) Offer Qualifying Stay with the same check-in and check-out dates (“Same Date Stay(s)”), only the first such Offer Qualifying Stay to be processed by Wyndham Rewards will count toward the Offer (and the additional Same Date Stay(s) will not be deemed Offer Qualifying Stays). For clarity, two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays are required to receive the Bonus (as defined below), and a Go Fast award stay will not be deemed an Offer Qualifying Stay; this Offer is only applicable to Qualified Stays completed in accordance with these Offer Terms. Qualified Stays are subject to certain restrictions, including, without limitation, that such stays cannot be booked via any third party website; see the Program Terms for more information about Qualified Stays at Participating Hotels.
- A Member who completes two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays pursuant to these Offer Terms will receive 5,500 Wyndham Rewards bonus points (the “Bonus”), typically within two to four weeks after the completion of such Member’s second Offer Qualifying Stay. Under the Program Terms, two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays will already earn a minimum total of 2,000 Wyndham Rewards points (such earnings, or any greater amount of points that may be earned pursuant to the Program Terms, “Regular Earnings”). Accordingly, taken together, the Bonus and a Member’s Regular Earnings will always amount to at least 7,500 Wyndham Rewards points. For clarity, Members whose Regular Earnings already equal or exceed 7,500 Wyndham Rewards points will still receive the Bonus in full.
- For clarity, any stay completed prior to registration for this Offer, or that has a check-in date prior to February 21, 2020, and/or a check-out date after May 21, 2020, will not be counted towards the Offer. Maximum of one (1) Bonus per Member (even if such Member completes more than two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays). A no-show does not count as an Offer Qualifying Stay.
Wyndham Rewards is marketing this as a “Stay Twice, Earn A Free Night” promotion, but it’s not quite as good as it sounds. That’s because when you stay twice within the promotion period, you’ll earn 5,500 bonus points rather than a certificate for a free night.
The reason they’re claiming you get a free night is because you always earn at least 1,000 points per stay. You’ll therefore earn at least 2,000 points when staying twice anyway, so the 5,500 bonus points means you’ll end up with at least 7,500 points. 7,500 points is enough for a free night at thousands of their properties which is why they’re marketing this promotion as offering a free night. It’s therefore unlikely that you’ll be able to book two cheap stays in order to get a free night at a somewhat aspirational property as I doubt there are any somewhat aspirational properties at the 7,500 level.
Still, it’s worth registering for the promotion anyway just in case you end up booking a couple of Wyndham stays seeing as the promotion runs for the next three months. I noticed this promotion on Wyndham’s website just before booking a stay for April; we need to book an additional one night stay a couple of weeks after that, so we’ll hopefully find a cheap, decent Wyndham option to get the 5,500 bonus points.
Note that you can only earn the 5,500 bonus points once, so 5,500 bonus points is all you’ll earn even if you stay four times or more before May 21.
Seeing as you’d be booking a paid stay, be sure to click through from a shopping portal. Wyndham is listed with a different name on different portals, so you’ll need to check here, here, here and here in order to find the best cashback rate.
The best card with which to pay will obviously depend on which cards you own. One good option is the Chase Ink Business Preferred card because not only do you earn 3x Ultimate Rewards on travel purchases, but you can also register the card with Visa Savings Edge to earn an additional 4-5% back at Wyndham brands due to it being a business card.