|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A targeted offer came out this week to get $10 off at Amazon when you switch your default payment method to an Amex card. This won’t be available for everyone, but it’s worth checking to see if you’ve got it since it’s an easy ten bucks if you do.
- Targeted Amex cardholders can get a promotional credit for $10 off at Amazon when changing their default payment method to an eligible American Express card
- Direct link to this promotion (our affiliate link)
- Offer expires 11/25/20
- Promotional credit expires 12/25/20
- Details for activating and using the offer:
- Click on the ad promoting this offer.
- On the 1-Click landing page, sign in to your Amazon.com account.
- Change your 1-Click default payment method to an American Express Card by the earlier of 11:59 p.m. PT on November 25, 2020 or while supplies last.
- When prompted, ensure your American Express Card’s billing address is accurate by either confirming your billing address or adding a new billing address.
- After steps 1-4 are completed, the $10 credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account.
- To redeem the credit, make subsequent eligible purchase(s) with your eligible American Express Card by 11:59 p.m. on December 25, 2020.This promotional offer is available only to customers who were served an advertisement and to purchases made with an eligible American Express® Card. Complete the following actions to claim the offer:
This promotional offer is valid for a limited time only from 12:00 a.m. PT on October 8, 2020 through the earlier of 11:59 p.m. PT on November 25, 2020 or while supplies last. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon Business customers are not eligible for this offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid, and the credit will not apply. This offer may not be resold, is nontransferable, not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law and in case of fraud. This offer may not be combined with other offers.
Credit must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. PT on December 25, 2020. Unredeemed credit will expire after that time.
The credit may be redeemed on the purchase of physical products sold and shipped by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page), and excludes certain content and products, including but not limited to Alexa, Fire, and Kindle products/devices, Gift Cards, Kindle eBooks, instant videos, MP3s, and all other digital content and downloads.
- Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities do not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
This is an easy deal if you qualify – just remember two quick tips:
- The promotional credit can only be used on items shipped & sold by Amazon. Items sold by a third party but “fulfilled by Amazon” aren’t eligible when using Amazon promotional credit.
- I’d avoid setting a Membership Rewards-earning card as the default 1-click payment method. I’m not sure if it’s possible for it to default to paying with Membership Rewards points, but I’d rather avoid that being a possibility by temporarily using some other Amex card if possible.
We periodically see deals for discounts when paying with a least 1 Membership Rewards point and my fear with that is always the thought of my Amazon account getting hacked and someone wiping out my Membership Rewards points. Again, I’m not sure that your 1-click method would be able to charge it to the points, but I’d rather not chance it if I had another Amex to set as the 1-click method for the promo (keep in mind that you can later change the 1-click method).
Overall, a nice deal for those eligible.
H/T: Miles to Memories