Groupon is offering a membership to BJ’s Wholesale for $20. This deal should be stackable with 46 Wyndham points per dollar spent (i.e. 920 Wyndham points). Also, if you already have a membership, I believe that this may work to extend it for those with memberships expiring this month despite the terms (it worked for me to update an expired membership for another year rather than needing to change it from one player to another). More details below. Unfortunately, it looks like the $10 online-only membership may no longer be available, but this may be a decent deal for those who may one day visit a club location.
- Groupon is offering a BJ’s Wholesale Inner Circle membership for $20
- Direct link to this deal
- Promotional value expires May 5, 2021.
- Amount paid never expires
- . Limit 1 per visit.
- Valid for new BJ’s® Members only (YMMV)
- Valid to use online or in-Club upon enrollment.
- Voucher will be redeemed and One-Year Membership period will begin immediately upon purchase of the voucher.
- Photo identification required when you visit the Club to pick up your Membership Card.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Membership is subject to BJ’s current Membership terms, ask in-Club or go to BJs.com/terms.
- Must enroll in BJ’s Easy Renewal® program, and you authorize BJ’s to charge the debit/credit card first used at BJ’s after accepting this offer, an annual recurring charge in the amount of the then-current Membership fee for all active Memberships on your account, plus tax where applicable, on the first day of the month your Membership expires.
- Cancel or manage your BJ’s Easy Renewal anytime by logging on to your account on BJs.com or by calling Member Care at 844-268-8093.
- Coupons are only valid at BJ’s through 6/30/21
- Must provide mailing address and first and last name as you wish for it to appear on your Membership Card at checkout; must also provide email address which Groupon will provide to BJ’s Wholesale Club to facilitate redemption.
- Offer not valid in the Pensacola, FL; Chesterfield, MI; Madison Heights, MI; or Taylor, MI, Clubs.
- Not valid with other offers, discounts, or Groupon Promo Codes
First of all, this is a decent deal if you’re in the market for a BJ’s Wholesale membership as you get membership for you and one member of your household for $20 and $55 worth of coupons that you may or may not use. These are the coupons:
- $5 off (1) Birds Eye Meal
- $5 off (1) Bertolli Chicken Florentine & Farfalle Skillet Meal, 44 oz.
- $5 off (1) Frontera Chicken Fajita Skillet, 40 oz.
- $5 off (1) P.F. Chang’s Meal, 44 oz.
- $5 off (1) Hebrew National Quarter Pound Beef Franks, 56 oz.
- $5 off (1) Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage Patties, 30 oz.
- $5 off (1) Aidells All Natural Smoked Chicken & Apple Dinner Sausage, 32 oz.
- $5 off (1) Hillshire Farm Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast, 33 oz.
- $5 off (1) Tyson Frozen All Natural Panko Breaded Popcorn Chicken, 3.5 lbs.
- $5 off (1) Tyson Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips, 3.5 lbs.
- $5 off (1) Tyson Frozen Buffalo Style OR Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Bites, 3.5 lbs.
BJ’s Wholesale membership can obviously be useful if you live in the store footprint (mid-Atlantic to New England states). They have alternatively long offered an online-only membership for $10, which some have found useful for gift card deals. Unfortunately, I can’t find a link to the online-only membership now, so it is possible that they have removed it.
Considering that this deal is ten bucks more than the online-only membership was (or perhaps still is if there is a way to get it?), this makes sense for anyone who thinks they might use the in-store membership at all. There have been times in the past when an in-store membership has paid off in spades.
And the good news is that you can stack it with money back: Groupon Local deals are currently at 46 points per dollar with Wyndham. If you value those points around 7 tenths of a cent each, that’s a return of about $6.44. Note that the Wyndham portal notes the payout is only on local deals and Groupon definitely categorizes this under “local”, but I recommend taking copious screen shots as Greg has previously advised.
In my case, I used an Amex Platinum card and paid through PayPal since the $20 will get reimbursed as part of that card’s temporary benefits.
Our membership just expired last week, but I caught a great tip in the comments at Doctor of Credit: after purchasing, you can copy the voucher code out of Groupon and “update” your current online account rather than having to set up a brand new membership. I bought the Groupon. Then, I logged in at BJs and was met with a prompt that my membership had expired.
I clicked “update” and it brought me to a page with my existing BJ’s membership number to update the fields.
Then I went to the Groupon voucher I had purchased and copied the number under the barcode and pasted it into the Membership Number field.
After clicking update, it returned me to my account page, which now reflects an expiration date of 4/30/22. It looks like I can use the membership to order online right away.
Note that I do not know how this will work if your membership isn’t set to expire for a few months. It is possible that applying this voucher will only extend your membership to April 30, 2022 if you apply it now, so I’d hold off as long as you can (I believe the voucher is good for 28 days). Also note that the terms state that this is valid for “new” memberships only, but this seems to work. YMMV.
Overall, this is a worthwhile deal for those of us who can make use of the membership and a good opportunity to stack.