A new targeted Amex Offer is out this week that might be especially appealing to resellers as you can get an extra twenty points per dollar spent at UPS (up to 20,000 points) if targeted and you enroll.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out for UPS Shipping that’s good for +20 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent, up to 20,000 points [Enrollment required]
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- QUALIFYING PURCHASES: Offer valid on shipments paid for online only at US website ups.com/ship.
- Excludes The UPS Store®, UPS Access Point®, UPS Access Point Locker, UPS Drop Box® locations, and retail chains.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 4/30/2024, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been shipped/provided by merchant.
- Limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
- The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points.
- Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied.
- When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included.
- See your offer for full terms
We’ve seen Amex Offers run some discounts on shipping (mostly through FedEx), but if you value Membership Rewards points the return here looks excellent. Keep in mind that this is valid on up to $1,000 in purchases. You’ll of course still want to shop around to make sure that UPS is offering a competitive price, but if they are then an extra 20 points per dollar spent would be icing on the cake.
The best card to sync this on would probably be the Business Gold card since that card earns 4x on each of the two qualifying categories in which you spend the most each billing cycle and shipping is one of those options. Update: Nevermind — I forgot that the Business Gold dumped the shipping category a few months ago.