|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Avianca LifeMiles is sending out an email to members offering a 25% transfer bonus from either Citi ThankYou points or hotel points from June 3, 2019 to July 5, 2019. Note that this bonus is actually on the LifeMiles side of things rather than coming from Citi or the hotel programs, so expect it to work a bit different. Avianca says you’ll receive the bonus miles within 45 days, so it likely won’t be instant and may be a while before you see the miles. Still, if you have a redemption in mind now and could also use a bonus later, this one might make sense. For example, I transferred to Avianca yesterday (as fate would have it). As I was transferring to them anyway, I’d have certainly been happy to take some bonus miles for a future trip as a side dish with my award booking. Hopefully you didn’t transfer yesterday, too :-).
- Get a 25% bonus when you transfer Citi ThankYou points or hotel points to Avianca LifeMiles
- Direct link to this promotion
- Valid 12:00am 6/3/19 to 12:59pm July 05th, 2019 (both time zone GMT-6)
- The promo page indicates that you’ll get the bonus miles within 45 days. I assume it happens faster, but do not know
- Maximum of 500K points can be transferred from Citi
- Max of 240K per day transferred from Marriott
- See other limits on the promo page
I’ve written about Avianca LifeMiles a number of times in recent months:
- Trying to crack the secret LifeMiles code to Europe
- The secret LifeMiles award chart
- Does LifeMiles play favorites?
In short: I’m a fan of LifeMiles awards. There are some issues: phone agents are generally poor and availability at LifeMiles.com simply doesn’t match what you’ll see at United and Aeroplan (you’re best to filter those search results out of your mind and just start fresh at LifeMiles.com or else face sure disappointment).
Still, with some economy routes to Europe from 16.5K miles one-way and business class starting around 52K to Europe and game-able to other regions, it’s a system worth checking out. Greg wrote about Avianca LifeMiles awesome mixed-cabin pricing. First class for less., which is also worth a full read.
Again, if I already had plans to book a trip, I’d be happy to earn this bonus. I wouldn’t expect bonus miles to appear instantly in this case, so you can’t really factor them into your award redemption. However, they are a nice added bonus if you think you may redeem with Avianca again in the future.