|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Air Canada has been surprisingly innovative over the past couple of years with their revamped Aeroplan program. They’re now offering an opportunity to extend your Aeroplan status by earning 30,000 points through spend on the Aeroplan credit card which is easier than it might initially sound.
- Earn 30,000 points through spend on the Aeroplan credit card to extend status through December 31, 2023.
- Direct link to offer.
- The Offer is valid between January 1st, 2022 at 00:01 EST and November 30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (inclusive) (the “Offer Period”).
- To qualify for this Offer and maintain your Aeroplan Elite status level through December 31st, 2023, you must earn at least 30,000 Aeroplan points on eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card purchases (net of returns) posted to your Aeroplan account throughout the Offer Period (“Eligible Earn”). Eligible Earn includes base and category accelerator earn of Aeroplan points on your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, but excludes any welcome bonuses, acquisition bonuses, campaign bonuses or conversion points. Eligible Earn by secondary cardholders will also count towards the Eligible Earn of the Primary Cardholder. Please note that points earned with your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card are deposited to your Aeroplan account a few days after the end of the credit card account billing period. As a result, it is possible that transactions charged to your card towards the end of the Offer Period will translate into Aeroplan points deposits that may not count towards this Offer.
- If you do not hold an Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, you can be eligible for this Offer if you apply and are approved for one, meet the Eligible Earn by the end of the Offer Period and meet all the other eligibility criteria of this Offer.
- Members who do not hold any Aeroplan Elite status are not eligible for any status extension;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 25K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 25K Status extended through December 31, 2023.
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 35K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 35K Status extended through December 31, 2023;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 50K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 50K Status extended through December 31, 2023;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 75K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 75K Status extended through December 31, 2023; and
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan Super Elite Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan Super Elite Status extended through December 31, 2023.
- Aeroplan Elite status extensions will begin in July 2022 for members who already met the Eligible Earn. Once you meet the Eligible Earn, please allow up to 8 weeks for your Aeroplan Elite status extension to be processed. While we strive to expedite the extensions for all eligible Aeroplan members, this may result in a temporary loss of status for some eligible Aeroplan members in January 2023 while their extension is being processed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with the Aeroplan credit card or those who could get it seeing as this offer is also open to new cardholders. The best part of this offer is that you don’t necessarily need to spend $30,000 on the Aeroplan card to complete the requirements.
That’s because the requirement is to earn 30,000 points through spend rather than spending $30,000 itself. The Aeroplan credit card offers 3x earnings on spending with Air Canada, at grocery stores and on dining. That means that you could spend as little as $10,000 to extend your Aeroplan status through the end of 2023.
The welcome offer for the Aeroplan card currently includes 10x earnings on travel and dining purchases for the first six months. However, the offer page for this status extension promotion states that time-limited promotional accelerators on certain spend categories are excluded, so it’s unfortunately not possible to spend as little as $3,000 to earn the 30,000 points required.
For existing cardholders, all your spend since January 1, 2022 is valid retroactively, so you don’t have to earn the full 30,000 points from today if you’d already earned points this year. Note that the spend has to be completed before the end of November 30, 2022 though. Air Canada also highlights that transactions might take a little while to post, so it’d be worth trying to wrap up spend with a little bit of time to go to ensure you don’t miss out.
This promotion could be particularly useful for anyone who matched their status to Air Canada last fall, with that opportunity even being open to Southwest Companion Pass holders. The status received from that match was valid through December 31, 2022, so this new status extension offer would add another year on to that original match.